The Student Room Group

I got two 6s in Biology and Physics GCSE??? Should i do resits summer 2024

I got 9,8,7s across the board but I spent my last month of gcse revision time on getting my art gcse up to scratch otherwise I would have failed. As a result i did terrible in my sciences which i thought were safe at, at least 7s. I wanted to go to oxbridge and i am going to do STEM heavy a- levels. Should i resit for better grades? I am really really ashamed and depressed at how badly i did as well. I got two grade 6s in biology and physics.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Protagonist0
I got 9,8,7s across the board but I spent my last month of gcse revision time on getting my art gcse up to scratch otherwise I would have failed. As a result i did terrible in my sciences which i thought were safe at, at least 7s. I wanted to go to oxbridge and i am going to do STEM heavy a- levels. Should i resit for better grades? I am really really ashamed and depressed at how badly i did as well. I got two grade 6s in biology and physics.

I was in a similar position last year, except luckily it was for my mocks - i spent so much time on art that some of my other grades suffered. For oxbridge most people who apply have 7 or more A*s (8 or 9s) so if you have that with your other subjects it should be alright if you have really good predicted grades and entrance exams etc. Dont be ashamed!! in my opinion there's no point in resitting as it would waste your time next year which is so critical to get good predicted grades which is hard enough as it is!! i take maths bio chem physics at a level and trust me youre probably not going to have much time to focus on resitting! but if you think you'll manage then absolutely - but dont let it distract!! it wont change your chances of oxbridge that much

Quick Reply

Latest