The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Westwood accommodation

Hello people I have been allocated Westwood, was my last choice rip- anyone else?
Original post by beccacrw
Hello people I have been allocated Westwood, was my last choice rip- anyone else?

Same - i got allocated Westwood too even though it was my last choice. Is there any way to appeal ?? ig it's probably not as bad as I told myself it was though
(edited 8 months ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by cwgkudyyu8od8
Same - i got allocated Westwood too even though it was my last choice. Is there any way to appeal ?? ig it's probably not as bad as I told myself it was though

No there isn't a way to appeal unfortunately :frown: I've spoken to someone and they said you can transfer a few weeks into the start of term, but if you want to you'll be added to a 'waiting list' of some sort. Seems like people I've spoken to who have also got Westwood had it down as their last choice. RIP us
Reply 3
For some reassurance, Westwood is actually lovely, it only has a bad rep because everyone thinks it's far away (but that's just because a lot of people have no reason to walk there and find out it's not!). It's as close to central campus as any of the Lakeside area ones, and convenient for Tesco/Aldi. Plus it's just a pretty site in general :smile: Bit further away than most from the Sports Hub, but right next to the Tennis Centre and athletics track so it balances out (as well as having its own music centre which is usually much less busy than the one on central campus). Everyone I know who has lived there has been happy with it, even if they were in your position of being disappointed originally.
No there isn't a way to appeal unfortunately :frown: I've spoken to someone and they said you can transfer a few weeks into the start of term, but if you want to you'll be added to a 'waiting list' of some sort. Seems like people I've spoken to who have also got Westwood had it down as their last choice. RIP us

Oh nice, love that for us!! :frown: I believe you can also swap with other people although the chances of that happening would be low imo as it would require finding someone who wants to swap. Luckily we're only there for one year + as interea mentioned, there are benefits of living there too.
Reply 5
Original post by Interea
For some reassurance, Westwood is actually lovely, it only has a bad rep because everyone thinks it's far away (but that's just because a lot of people have no reason to walk there and find out it's not!). It's as close to central campus as any of the Lakeside area ones, and convenient for Tesco/Aldi. Plus it's just a pretty site in general :smile: Bit further away than most from the Sports Hub, but right next to the Tennis Centre and athletics track so it balances out (as well as having its own music centre which is usually much less busy than the one on central campus). Everyone I know who has lived there has been happy with it, even if they were in your position of being disappointed originally.

thank you, needed this reassurance! I play hockey and I think the hockey astro is near Westwood too, so that's making me feel a bit better :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by cwgkudyyu8od8
Oh nice, love that for us!! :frown: I believe you can also swap with other people although the chances of that happening would be low imo as it would require finding someone who wants to swap. Luckily we're only there for one year + as interea mentioned, there are benefits of living there too.

Yeah, we'll be alright. Hopefully we'll have a nice bunch of people too :smile:
WESTWOOD WAS ALSO MY LAST CHOICE!! are y'all first years? :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
WESTWOOD WAS ALSO MY LAST CHOICE!! are y'all first years? :frown:

yeah lol
yeah lol

We’re all in the same boat 🫠 I hope that they would allow halls to changed
Reply 10
We’re all in the same boat 🫠 I hope that they would allow halls to changed

I rang them up and they said you can ask for a transfer in the first term, but i think there'd be a long list but idk :/
I rang them up and they said you can ask for a transfer in the first term, but i think there'd be a long list but idk :/

I will be opting for outside accommodation if I am not allocated to an en-suite. What about you?
Reply 12
I will be opting for outside accommodation if I am not allocated to an en-suite. What about you?

I’m gonna give Westwood a try, i might end up liking it
Reply 13
Hi - a quick word of reassurance. 30 years ago I was allocated Westwood. It wasn't on my list either. I was dreading it, but reality was I loved it. Rooms are really big, split over 3 floors and on long corridors so loads of opportunities to meet other people. Have brilliant memories of nights out and nights in. Made lifelong friends (went on holiday with one of them this year!). Back then Westwood had its own bar and Wednesday nights were Westwood nights, no idea if it still does. A couple of years ago I did an open day with my daughter and a friend's daughter was studying at Warwick and living in the hall I lived in on Westwood (Bericote) so I went over to see her. It's hardly changed and she was really enjoying it too. Yes its a bit of a walk from the Union etc but about 15 mins, hardly a trek. Hope you all love it too.

Quick Reply

Latest