The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick accommodation

Iv firmed warwick for this september and im really worried for the accomodation allocation. First of I'm big on social life and since warwick is already classified as quite a dead place i'd love to stay at an accom that makes up for that. Also i dont want a place thats too expensive coz like i could use the money to just not starve ykwim

So i really hope I get into Rootes and do intend to put it as my first preference. But iv heard stories of warwicks accom allocations to be quite random with lost of people not getting their first or even 3 preference. So my question is what are the chances i get rootes. I mean they have lots of rooms and i heard people dont like it much? so if you've applied for rootes as ur first choice did u manage to get it?

just want to prepare myself.
I don’t think getting into Rootes is a problem if that where you want to go. Its people applying else where and ending up in Rootes who complain. It’s normally the En-suites accommodation choices that are over subscribed.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by srahmann
Iv firmed warwick for this september and im really worried for the accomodation allocation. First of I'm big on social life and since warwick is already classified as quite a dead place i'd love to stay at an accom that makes up for that. Also i dont want a place thats too expensive coz like i could use the money to just not starve ykwim

So i really hope I get into Rootes and do intend to put it as my first preference. But iv heard stories of warwicks accom allocations to be quite random with lost of people not getting their first or even 3 preference. So my question is what are the chances i get rootes. I mean they have lots of rooms and i heard people dont like it much? so if you've applied for rootes as ur first choice did u manage to get it?

hello there, are applications to apply for accoms at warwick out yet? If so how do I apply
Reply 3
URGENT
3 bedroom flat available at The Oaks (only four bed flat available)
£199p/w
10 minute walk to campus
Message if interested

rootes is huge (nearly 1000 spots), so if you put it anywhere then ur likely to get it. So if u put it as first choice, probably a 99% chance they give it to you xD
URGET
ONE BED AVAILABLE IN LEAMINGTON SPA.
Refurbished home so everything looks brand new.

Less than £135ppw so it’s cheap If interested PM please.
Reply 6
i've nearly completed my first year so my opinion are that the cheaper accommodations which give you a good social life and have a good value for money are: rootes, westwood, and cryfield standard.

my opinions are:

rootes is great if you want a good social life. i know people who go there and love their flatmates and it's very sociable. i've heard that it's very difficult to get any sleep before 4am and that the kitchens can get dirty, so it depends if that is something you can handle. also shared bathrooms but you'll get that with any of the cheaper accommodations.

a lot of people seem to hate on westwood because it's a bit further from the main campus. this is true and can be an annoying walk, there is a bus stop right outside if you want to do that instead. i'm perhaps biased bc i have a car. however i don't think westwood means a lack of social life by any means. i'm in westwood this year and my flat is brilliant. if you have good people, you can have flat parties / do pres together and go out in coventry or leam. there's definitely no more chance of having **** flatmates here than there is anywhere else and i think the common room and general organisation of WW helps with making friends

another friend is in cryfield standard and she likes it a lot, however would say that the flats are small so it's difficult if you don't get along with all your flatmates very well. it's good fun though and very close to campus so much easier to get to lectures. overall a nice accom and cheaper option. slightly less social life potentially but again this is entirely dependent on who you're with.

as for shared bathrooms, i've had no issue whatsoever. it's not a big deal and you get used to it very quickly.
Original post by Anonymous
i've nearly completed my first year so my opinion are that the cheaper accommodations which give you a good social life and have a good value for money are: rootes, westwood, and cryfield standard.

my opinions are:

rootes is great if you want a good social life. i know people who go there and love their flatmates and it's very sociable. i've heard that it's very difficult to get any sleep before 4am and that the kitchens can get dirty, so it depends if that is something you can handle. also shared bathrooms but you'll get that with any of the cheaper accommodations.

a lot of people seem to hate on westwood because it's a bit further from the main campus. this is true and can be an annoying walk, there is a bus stop right outside if you want to do that instead. i'm perhaps biased bc i have a car. however i don't think westwood means a lack of social life by any means. i'm in westwood this year and my flat is brilliant. if you have good people, you can have flat parties / do pres together and go out in coventry or leam. there's definitely no more chance of having **** flatmates here than there is anywhere else and i think the common room and general organisation of WW helps with making friends

another friend is in cryfield standard and she likes it a lot, however would say that the flats are small so it's difficult if you don't get along with all your flatmates very well. it's good fun though and very close to campus so much easier to get to lectures. overall a nice accom and cheaper option. slightly less social life potentially but again this is entirely dependent on who you're with.

as for shared bathrooms, i've had no issue whatsoever. it's not a big deal and you get used to it very quickly.

hello thanks for your answer. I'm considering either Cryfield St. or Rootes, and I've heard a lot of stories about how dirty Rootes is. Is that really the case? If yes, would you say Cryfield St. is equally dirty or less?
Reply 8
3 bedroom flat available at the Oaks
Only 4 bed flat available!
All sold out on website!
10/15 minute walk to campus!
£199p/w
Message if interested
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by tna22
3 bedroom flat available at the Oaks
Only 4 bed flat available!
All sold out on website!
10/15 minute walk to campus!
£199p/w
Message if interested

Is this the really nice one?
Original post by rs7183
Is this the really nice one?

Hi there,
If anybody has any questions about The Oaks, feel free to drop me a message!

- Sophie
Reply 11
Yes it's a luxury accommodation with a gym, study spaces, a yoga room, a hosting kitchen that you can book out for parties, on-site laundry facilities, tv rooms and also a games area.
(Original post by rs7183)Is this the really nice one?
Original post by Anonymous
my opinions are:

What is the policy that Warwick has on students bringing cars to campus? Is there designated parking spots or do you have to park outside and walk in or are they banned altogether - it seems like bringing my car would be advantageous since the campus is so isolated.
Reply 13

Roots is the worst place lol why????? I'm also hugely social though, lmk what you end up putting! I'm doing my accom application rn

Quick Reply

Latest