The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Accommodation swap - John Wood Court

Hi, I've just been allocated John Wood Court for my accommodation which was my last choice. Would anyone be willing to trade for an on-campus accommodation?
Reply 1
My daughter was also allocated there. It was not one of her 7 choices! She is also trying to swap
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Daniel_1012
Hi, I've just been allocated John Wood Court for my accommodation which was my last choice. Would anyone be willing to trade for an on-campus accommodation?

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear that you are not happy with your accommodation and I understand that this can be quite stressful in the midst of moving to a new university. However, I would recommend waiting until you have moved in and met your flatmates because this can really be an important part of living in shared accommodation. I do genuinely believe that it is the people that make an accommodation feel like home, more than the actual building.

There is also much more opportunities to swap in the first couple of weeks, as some people will naturally drop out/move accommodation as they discover that maybe university isn't for them etc. Whilst this is never guaranteed it is possibly worth trying in the initial couple of weeks.

Sophia (Student Ambassador)
Reply 3
Original post by University of Bath
Hi,

I am so sorry to hear that you are not happy with your accommodation and I understand that this can be quite stressful in the midst of moving to a new university. However, I would recommend waiting until you have moved in and met your flatmates because this can really be an important part of living in shared accommodation. I do genuinely believe that it is the people that make an accommodation feel like home, more than the actual building.

There is also much more opportunities to swap in the first couple of weeks, as some people will naturally drop out/move accommodation as they discover that maybe university isn't for them etc. Whilst this is never guaranteed it is possibly worth trying in the initial couple of weeks.

Hi Sophie,

Can you give me a view on the process to swop room. Ditto here. I've got a town centre hall, 7th choice, but really want a campus place. Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by University of Bath
Hi,

Hi Sophia, It's not so much the building or the flatmates for me as it is how much more convenient living on campus is. With that said I'll keep an eye out during the first couple of weeks. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest