The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for Architecture for autumn 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Still thinking about where to apply? Have a look at the following thread regarding A level entry requirements for architecture:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

@CamembertPaws FYI

Unis: Cardiff, UCL, Bath, AA, Nottingham

IB: Italian, Physics, Maths AA, Business, English language & literature, Visual arts, IB core - (predicted - 44/45)

Extracurriculars: UCL summer school, further reading, volunteering for a visual arts school event, senior student leadership member, wellbeing ambassador, and have been doing a classical form of dance for over 10 years with a certificate (ISTD exams).
Has anyone had any offers yet?
Reply 22
Original post by normaw
Has anyone had any offers yet?

Just one from Cardiff but no news from the other 4!
Original post by n1ts2345
Just one from Cardiff but no news from the other 4!

That's great news - congrats :biggrin:. Where else have you applied?
Original post by Kevinpan
I have submitted an application for UCL and received an portfolio requirement due by the end of October which is quite unexpected. I thought it should be due by December or next Jan or Feb.

whatttt, I applied to Cambridge and am planning on applying to UCL but I’m so confused isn’t the application deadline in jan how is the portfolio deadline in December
Reply 25
For people applying to architecture at UCL, did you guys get a task to do? I received the interview invitation but did not receive any UCL task along with it.
Original post by mariam.emad
whatttt, I applied to Cambridge and am planning on applying to UCL but I’m so confused isn’t the application deadline in jan how is the portfolio deadline in December

There isn't one deadline for all applicants. When you apply to UCL, if they want to see your portfolio you will be sent a portfolio request with your own submission deadline. :smile:
Original post by normaw
There isn't one deadline for all applicants. When you apply to UCL, if they want to see your portfolio you will be sent a portfolio request with your own submission deadline. :smile:

ohh but does that mean that the ones that reply later are at a disadvantage?
Has anyone get the interview invitation from ucl architecture msci k103?
Original post by mariam.emad
ohh but does that mean that the ones that reply later are at a disadvantage?

No. As long as you apply by the equal consideration deadline (31 Jan 24), all applications will be given equal consideration. :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 30
Original post by winnie wang
Has anyone get the interview invitation from ucl architecture msci k103?

Yep. Mines on the 23rd
congratulations!when u submitted your portfolio on portal for msci?
Reply 32
Original post by winnie wang
congratulations!when u submitted your portfolio on portal for msci?

Like the 30 of October
Reply 33
Unis: Cambridge, UCL, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Manchester
IB: Chemistry, Physics, Maths AA, Geography, English A LL, Korean LL, IB core - (predicted - 43/45)
Extracurriculars: work experience at an interior company, further reading, volunteering, senior leadership member, publication of research, art exhibition
Reply 34
I have got a conditional offer in Architecture of Edinburg. So excited.
No offer from others.
Original post by hyshin24
Unis: Cambridge, UCL, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Manchester
IB: Chemistry, Physics, Maths AA, Geography, English A LL, Korean LL, IB core - (predicted - 43/45)
Extracurriculars: work experience at an interior company, further reading, volunteering, senior leadership member, publication of research, art exhibition

Welcome to TSR :smile:
Reply 36
No offer from others.

Hi! Just wondering about Edinburgh because I haven’t heard anything from them yet, have they asked for a portfolio already? They haven’t sent me anything other than the portal login instructions and I assumed it’s because Scotland applications are usually processed later on.
No offer from others.

That's great news - is it one of your favourites?
Reply 38
Original post by nur_ts
Hi! Just wondering about Edinburgh because I haven’t heard anything from them yet, have they asked for a portfolio already? They haven’t sent me anything other than the portal login instructions and I assumed it’s because Scotland applications are usually processed later on.

Edinburgh did not require me to submit a portfolio.
Reply 39
Original post by normaw
That's great news - is it one of your favourites?

I also applied Cambridge, UCL, Bath and Sheffield.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending