The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How is everyone preparing for the written assesement
Original post by kjhgbhn
How is everyone preparing for the written assesement

I’m thinking of making bullet points on topics they may ask e.g environmental architecture. Then I have a starting basis for my essay.
Reply 42
Original post by mariagriffiths
I’m thinking of making bullet points on topics they may ask e.g environmental architecture. Then I have a starting basis for my essay.

Yes, I remember there was a question like "how can architects help the environment"
Has anyone heard from UCL for interviews architecture K100?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 44
Who has received an interview from UCL msci yet? I’m just worried that it will be too time pressured since you only get 5 minutes to talk about your portfolio.
Original post by kjhgbhn
Who has received an interview from UCL msci yet? I’m just worried that it will be too time pressured since you only get 5 minutes to talk about your portfolio.

Well I received it, and I may only introduce 2 projects instead of the whole portfolio since the time is too limited.
hi, when did you sent the portfolio to msci? i sent at about Oct 26, but only get the kh11 interview invitation
Reply 47
Original post by winnie wang
hi, when did you sent the portfolio to msci? i sent at about Oct 26, but only get the kh11 interview invitation

Its funny because I only received the architecture msci interview from UCL but still havent heard back for the Design Engineering course.
Hi, does anyone know if we send an updated portfolio to Cambridge before our interview or if they only look at our initial 6page portfolio.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by kjhgbhn
Its funny because I only received the architecture msci interview from UCL but still havent heard back for the Design Engineering course.

hahahaha,And it's already December, I don't know when to receive the second interview invitation
Reply 50
Original post by mariagriffiths
Hi, does anyone know if we send an updated portfolio to Cambridge before our interview or if they only look at our initial 6page portfolio.

https://www.arct.cam.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/preparing-a-portfolio
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for Architecture for autumn 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Still thinking about where to apply? Have a look at the following thread regarding A level entry requirements for architecture:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

@CamembertPaws FYI

Hi,
For architecture portfolios they ask for observational drawings. Therefore, would sketching an artist with the use of a reference image from the internet (a secondary source), be considered as an observational drawing?
Reply 52
How long will we wait for the notice after the interview of Cambridge generally? Does Cambridge send conditional offer before the official confirmed offer?
Original post by anonymous298128
Hi,
For architecture portfolios they ask for observational drawings. Therefore, would sketching an artist with the use of a reference image from the internet (a secondary source), be considered as an observational drawing?

I guess that depends on the uni's definition. If it's a direct observational drawing then this usually excludes using an image as a reference.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Kevinpan
How long will we wait for the notice after the interview of Cambridge generally? Does Cambridge send conditional offer before the official confirmed offer?

Have you done the interview? How did it go?
Reply 55
Original post by arukn
Have you done the interview? How did it go?

Yes. I am not sure. But I think the teachers are nice listeners.
Reply 56
I did my interview last Friday and had to prepare the digital portfolio in 2 days because I forgot to read the website:smile:. I applied to Christs and they say that the decisions will be sent out on the 24th of January. I’m so anxious!!!!
Reply 57
Original post by kjhgbhn
I did my interview last Friday and had to prepare the digital portfolio in 2 days because I forgot to read the website:smile:. I applied to Christs and they say that the decisions will be sent out on the 24th of January. I’m so anxious!!!!

What did they mean by two? Did they mean one sketch book and one extra with the 6 images and more? Or is it one sketchbook and one more portfolio not including the 6 images?
I did the Cambridge interview last Tuesday but I was not asked to share my screen to show my portfolio. It was just a ten minutes Q&A about contents of my portfolio, and no extra material was required to submit.
Reply 59
Original post by Tokugawaaa
I did the Cambridge interview last Tuesday but I was not asked to share my screen to show my portfolio. It was just a ten minutes Q&A about contents of my portfolio, and no extra material was required to submit.

Which college did you apply to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending