The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Just had my interview, it went by so quickly but i did a lot of talking so i think it went well 😵*💫
Original post by mariagriffiths
Just had my interview, it went by so quickly but i did a lot of talking so i think it went well 😵*💫

Super good luck! Sounds like you smashed it.
Reply 62
What colleges have people applied for in Cambridge? I applied for Pembroke
Reply 63
Christs
Pembroke
Has anyone who applied to both ucl programs like k103+kh11 received two interview invitations. it's funny that all my friends and i only got one interview invitation😂
Original post by kjhgbhn
Which college did you apply to

Churchill
Original post by winnie wang
Has anyone who applied to both ucl programs like k103+kh11 received two interview invitations. it's funny that all my friends and i only got one interview invitation😂

I submitted both msci and architectural & interdisciplinary studies application at the same time, and I received their interview invitations in three weeks. It was unfortunate since all interviews were arranged densely in one week.
Does anyone know if we get the results of the Cambridge admission test we did a few weeks ago, I’m sure i read somewhere that it’s marked /scored out of 20, but not sure if those results are disclosed to us or just for the colleges own reference.
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for Architecture for autumn 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Still thinking about where to apply? Have a look at the following thread regarding A level entry requirements for architecture:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

@CamembertPaws FYI

Higuys 😉 my name is Bradley Lofthouse, NOT. Yeet

Im doing a level art (ofc) and a Btec in business ☹️ .

thinking of applying to architecture at:
University of Liverpool
University of Nottingham
University of the Arts London
University of West England (Bristol)
Reply 70
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for Architecture for autumn 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

Extra curriculars

Still thinking about where to apply? Have a look at the following thread regarding A level entry requirements for architecture:

@CamembertPaws FYI

does anyone know when to expect an interview invitation from ucl? I've applied for the k100 course and submitted my portfolio on the 3rd.
Original post by danny_me
does anyone know when to expect an interview invitation from ucl? I've applied for the k100 course and submitted my portfolio on the 3rd.

Me too, I submitted mine on 4th Dec. I was wondering the same about the interview. Based on the others comments I think it won't be before January.
Reply 72
Original post by Britiparni
Me too, I submitted mine on 4th Dec. I was wondering the same about the interview. Based on the others comments I think it won't be before January.

Yeahh true but I do know that the admissions team are on holiday from the 22nd of December so hopefully they send one before then 🤞🤞
Original post by normaw

Extra curriculars

@CamembertPaws FYI

unis: westminster, kingston, arts uni of bournemouth, cardiff met, lincoln (insurance)

a levels: english lit and lang, product design, business, welshbacc (aabb)

extra curriculars: work exp. (design an art and it block), extra reading, and trips
Reply 74
Original post by normaw

Extra curriculars

@CamembertPaws FYI

Hi all!

I have applied to Newcastle, K100 and K190, Sheffield K100, Edinburgh K100, and Northumbria K100.
I am predicted A*AA in Sociology, 3-D Design, and Geography + A in EPQ focussed on political and emotional functions of architecture, I have done 2 lots of work experience focused to architecture and have had some non-architecture related work experience.

I, so far, have both my Newcastle offers, a Northumbria offer and, unfortunately, a rejection from Sheffield based on my portfolio. (Keeping it real here!)
Planning on firming K100 @ Newcastle and insurance Northumbria K100.

Any questions or any fellow Newcastle firmers, let me know! :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
a'levels - Geography,Product Design, Biology. predicted A*, A A
So far done interview at Cambridge, (interview done at Pembroke college), rejected after portfolio from UAL, Waiting to hear from Nottingham and Loughborough after portfolios sent , no response as of yet from Bath

how's everyone else looking with offers/rejections
Reply 76
Same interview situation for Cambridge as Shahirenayet (Christ’s). Applied to UCL arch Msci, design engineering Meng, Bath and Manchester Architecture.

Current Decisions:

Bath-> accepted
Rest-> no news yet
Reply 77
Hey guys, hope you’re all well. I recently had Cambridge interviews for architecture and was shocked by how open-ended all the questions were. I came out of the interview confused and disappointed that I couldn’t really be challenged on my answers as far as i would’ve hoped/expected to show my thinking abilities. Is this a natural experience?
Reply 78
Original post by weewoo.
Hey guys, hope you’re all well. I recently had Cambridge interviews for architecture and was shocked by how open-ended all the questions were. I came out of the interview confused and disappointed that I couldn’t really be challenged on my answers as far as i would’ve hoped/expected to show my thinking abilities. Is this a natural experience?

Same feeling here, I thought they could have been a bit more challenging
Reply 79
Hi guys, anyone know how long it takes UAL and UCL to get back for an interview invite after the portfolio has been submitted? I submitted both around 3 weeks ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending