The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Tenancy begins before course

My course begins on the 25th but I plan to arrive at university halls on the 22nd, are there any consequences to turning up and staying before the course starts? If it's relevant, I'm going to Swansea.
That’s normal.

The only thing to watch out for is that your student loan instalment won’t usually be paid until the course officially starts so you need to check when your first rental instalment is due and make sure you have the funds available if it’s before your loan.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Brain_In_A_Jar
My course begins on the 25th but I plan to arrive at university halls on the 22nd, are there any consequences to turning up and staying before the course starts? If it's relevant, I'm going to Swansea.

Hi there,

As long as you stick to your arrival slot, it should not be an issue for you to arrive on the 22nd

If you will not be able to do this, I would suggest for you to contact our accommodation team directly. You can find all of their contact details via this link: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/contact-accommodation/ . If you explain the situation that you will be in to them, they will be able to provide you further advise on what you can do.

Hope that helps,
Megan, Student Ambassador, Swansea University.

Quick Reply

Latest