The Student Room Group

Should I break up with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together since the beginning of uni (2 and a half years). We moved in to a flat together last September - our tenancy runs until July. He graduated last year and I am graduating this summer. However, in the last year he hasn't done anything - he hasn't got a job and hasn't really done much about his time. His parents split up recently which has affected him but not getting a job has lasted a lot longer than this. We have talked about our relationship, fought a lot and talked about splitting up on a few occasions. I think I want to break up with him but obviously we live together. My lectures finish in 2 weeks time altogether so technically I don't need to be in the flat after that. However, I do pay rent + all of our bills and all my friends are in the city so I would rather not just move out. I have been thinking about breaking up with him for some time now but it's not as simple as that. I don't know whether to stay with him until the summer and then break up when our tenancy ends or break up now (and either stay in the flat with him because there are 2 bedrooms or live at home). It's stressing me out because, even though we haven't been fighting much recently, I do want to move on.
Reply 1
Also want to mention that I am now working alongside uni in this city - another reason it would be difficult to leave
I think if you’re genuinely considering it this much and you WANT to move on, it’s probably better to get it out the way now! Honestly it sounds like you’ve accepted you’re breaking up and it would be nice to get it out the way before summer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending