The Student Room Group

Official Dental Hygiene and Therapy (Oral Health Science) 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hmgiu
Glasgow cali

Please check your pm x
Does anyone know when kcl would roughly give out offers?
anyone heard from suffolk
Original post by syzygy85
Same :frown:

same not even an interview
Anyone have any tips for the Portsmouth dental hygiene interview ? What typa qs do they ask ? Anything in particular I need to focus on?
Original post by Kawishh
Anyone have any tips for the Portsmouth dental hygiene interview ? What typa qs do they ask ? Anything in particular I need to focus on?

They said on their email a couple of questions they’ll ask, like why this uni etc
Original post by saf12344567
Does anyone know when kcl would roughly give out offers?

last year they gave out some like end of April around the 20th. How did your interview go?
Original post by Tx2345
last year they gave out some like end of April around the 20th. How did your interview go?

Ah ok thank u. I was a little nervous but it went alright.
Original post by saf12344567
Ah ok thank u. I was a little nervous but it went alright.

same that's exactly how i felt ab it, the wait is killing me
Original post by Tx2345
same that's exactly how i felt ab it, the wait is killing me

Me too😭 I think a lot of people were nervous especially because it was online but I just wanna find out. Hopefully we both get offers x
Original post by Lazytown101

How did your interview go
Reply 2431
Original post by jplecoq
You shouldn't give up if that's your dream. You can work on applying again but adding experience, volunteering, perhaps an access to education if you have not one yet etc. The great thing is you applied (unless I'm mistaken) to 5 unis, which means you can try others next year as I am not sure there is a point to apply to the same uni twice in a row unless your application is different

There’s nothing more I can do. I’ve been a nurse for 7 years, I have my impression taking/dental radiography. I’ve done an access course. Im 25 now and I want to start a family and I cant do that if my career is at a standstill as I can’t afford it. Its very disheartening, but I do need to move on and find something else because I cant keep applying to something and getting nowhere and putting my life on hold year by year. Its unfortunate but I don’t see any other choice than to give up
Original post by Hmgiu
There’s nothing more I can do. I’ve been a nurse for 7 years, I have my impression taking/dental radiography. I’ve done an access course. Im 25 now and I want to start a family and I cant do that if my career is at a standstill as I can’t afford it. Its very disheartening, but I do need to move on and find something else because I cant keep applying to something and getting nowhere and putting my life on hold year by year. Its unfortunate but I don’t see any other choice than to give up

Please don't feel bad about it, I totally understand. You are very young, with already a good career. At this age the world is yours, and I mean it. There are other options if you are interested. I'll give you an example, I know a doctor who prayed for his degree, got in, graduated and ended up working in a hospital. Two years later gave up because of the salary and became a ux designer, now earning close to 6 figure. Life is beautiful with lots of possibilities and for you the future is super bright!
Original post by Hmgiu

If you really want this you'll get there! There's always thing's you can do, join a sports team, join st johns ambulance, volunteer with a dental charity, do OHE talks in schools/care homes, there's so much you can do.
Try and go to as many open days as possible to see what each uni wants from your application, they are all looking for you to include slightly different things, so find them out and tick as many boxes as possible to try get an interview.
Also look at the past few years statistics of how many places and how many applications they receive, you can submit a freedom of information request to find this out. Then apply for the ones with the best ratio and the best chance of getting a place, use all 5 choices and be open to relocation.
In regards to starting a family, on an open day I heard a story about a girl having a baby while studying DHT and people every year do the course who are older and have children.
I've heard so many stories of people applying 2/3/4 even 6 times to get on a course, it's so disheartening receiving rejections but if its something you really want you will get there.
Original post by Hmgiu

How many years have you been applying for ?
Original post by Hmgiu

what's your academic grades ? is crazy if they don't accept a dental nurse, I know people who work in factories and got a places but had Distinctions
Has Anybody had any rejections or offers from Teeside Uni for DH that interviewed in March? Xx
Original post by Lazytown101

Not yet, had my interview on the 18/03
Original post by Kawishh

Check your PM
Anyone who had interview for therapy in Newcastle or Bristol? Have you heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest