The Student Room Group

Official Dental Hygiene and Therapy (Oral Health Science) 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Access to higher education Science

Original post by Tmorg
Hey, I’ve done a certificate of higher education in health science with the open university. I’ve checked with a few unis and they accept it. What course are you doing?
Reply 21
Hi! Does anyone know which dht courses are the least competitive?
I mean I know they’re all very competitive , but which have the most spaces? I really want to get in and I am unsure which unis to apply for. I’m deffo thinking LSBU and Essex, kings for inspirational lol.
I applied to Suffolk last year and got an interview but after interview got put on the waiting list, so I’m not sure if I should apply again?
Would really appreciate some help!
Hi 👋 I will be applying to Essex and Suffolk. Qualified dental nurse with 16 years experience aswell as a dental radiography qualification. I am currently doing a level 3 access course in science and health 😊
Hi, I’ve applied to Sheffield and I will be applying to Leeds. I’m a dental nurse and have completed an Access to health sciences diploma.
Reply 24
Original post by Rennea
Hey, I’m in the same position as you, I’m doing access to science
do u need gcses as well or is access diploma enough?
Reply 25
hi, im doing access as well, do u need gcses to apply to uni or is access enough?
Original post by Kr1pA
Hi I’m doing access course but I qualified as a nurse earlier this year. What access course are you doing ?
Reply 26
Original post by anon-.-
hey guys, I got 4/4 dht offers last year and would be happy to help anyone who need's any assistance, my insta is @helpfultoothfairy

(I came from a levels!)

That’s amazing!! Where did you apply and which uni are you in?
Would be helpful if you share your experience with all 4 uni interview in terms of MMI, panel and tips to prepare for interview🤗
Hiii I applied last year and had 4 interviews but no offers!
Reapplying this year and have an upcoming interview for Teeside, is anyone reapply and remember what the sort of things they asked are? Had one last year but I can’t remember anything of what they asked!!
Original post by megantamara00
Hiii I applied last year and had 4 interviews but no offers!
Reapplying this year and have an upcoming interview for Teeside, is anyone reapply and remember what the sort of things they asked are? Had one last year but I can’t remember anything of what they asked!!

did you apply through alevals or did you apply as a dental nurse
Reply 29
im doing biomedical sciences
Original post by Lazytown101
did you apply through alevals or did you apply as a dental nurse

I’m a dental nurse, been nursing for 5 years and did an access course last year to get the grades x
Reply 31
Original post by squeezelou
Hi, I’ve applied to Sheffield and I will be applying to Leeds. I’m a dental nurse and have completed an Access to health sciences diploma.

Hi, which access course have you done please? If you don’t mind posting the link?
Original post by psychic-disabili
are u a year 13 student? i’m really worried as im not sure how likely it is that i’ll get accepted as a lot of the people applying are mature students. does anyone know the acceptance statistics?

hey im a year 13 student also applying to DHT i think unis focus more on us than mature students so dont worry!
Reply 33
Hi does anybody know when does Essix usually open their applications, as it says on the website Autumn 2023 for the entry 2024, but it hasn't opened yet. When did it open last year, we can assume from that I guess?
Original post by annab1991
Hi, which access course have you done please? If you don’t mind posting the link?

Hi, I did the access course at my local college.
Reply 35
Original post by kimyat
do u need gcses as well or is access diploma enough?

I believe you also need gcse in at least English, maths and possibly science x
Reply 36
Original post by annab1991
Hi, which access course have you done please? If you don’t mind posting the link

Hi,
I have done Access Course to Health sciences from Academy Online Learning, its online-based, marked courseworks. I have completed it successfully and received 45 credits which can be used to apply undergraduate degrees. But then it depends on what marks you achieve in the courseworks, such as Pass/ Merit/ Distinction.
Reply 37
Original post by Anonymmmmmm
hey im a year 13 student also applying to DHT i think unis focus more on us than mature students so dont worry!

I would disagree with this comment, I am a first year DHT student at Cardiff University and there is a huge proportion of mature students, age is irrelevant!
Original post by Tommy--1
I have sent mine off, went for cardiff, brum, plymouth, lsbu and suffolk. Applying with 2year dental nursing experience and BBC Alevels with B in Bio. Sweating it.

Hi,same with me,I’m applying also with 2 year dental nursing experience same unis.Add my Snapchat Jawad_s254
Reply 39
Original post by SA320533
I would disagree with this comment, I am a first year DHT student at Cardiff University and there is a huge proportion of mature students, age is irrelevant!

depending on what uni you go, apparently at kings/qmul there are more school-leavers than mature due to the entry requirements

Quick Reply

Latest