The Student Room Group

Official Dental Hygiene and Therapy (Oral Health Science) 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ruby2011
Hey where is everyone applying to? Has anyone sent their applications already?

I'm applying to Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth and KCL. I am hopefully going to apply by the end of this month but struggling on my personal statement
Reply 41
Hey guys, I have an upcoming interview for Teesside, but it’s in person. Does anyone know if it would be possible to request the interview to be online? (I thought it would be since last year it was I believe) or should I just leave it and book the in person. (it’s around 5 hours away from where I live by train and car)
Original post by Kayyy30
Hey guys, I have an upcoming interview for Teesside, but it’s in person. Does anyone know if it would be possible to request the interview to be online? (I thought it would be since last year it was I believe) or should I just leave it and book the in person. (it’s around 5 hours away from where I live by train and car)

Hi I am also applying to Teeside but not applied yet.I’m pretty sure they should let you move it to online.add my Snapchat Jawad_s254
Reply 43
Original post by Jawad shah
Hi I am also applying to Teeside but not applied yet.I’m pretty sure they should let you move it to online.add my Snapchat Jawad_s254

Hi! Do you think so? What should I say to them and how should I request it?
Good luck with ur application!
Original post by Kayyy30

Hi! Do you think so? What should I say to them and how should I request it?
Good luck with ur application!

Try emailing them and calling them.Tell them why you cannot do it in person for an example not in the country etc.I think you should try going for the in person interview,so the chance of getting in will be higher
Reply 45
Try emailing them and calling them.Tell them why you cannot do it in person for an example not in the country etc.I think you should try going for the in person interview,so the chance of getting in will be higher

The reason is due to finances, I live rlly far and the train ticket is around £200 which I can’t afford. Why do you think the chance of getting in higher in person as opposed to online?
Is the submission deadline jan 31st? I aim to be ready to apply beginning of january
Original post by Kayyy30

The reason is due to finances, I live rlly far and the train ticket is around £200 which I can’t afford. Why do you think the chance of getting in higher in person as opposed to online?

That’s just what I think to be honest.you can get in through online interview too just in my opinion I think they might prefer to see people in person
Is anyone doing the access to dental hygiene and therapy course through academy online learning?
Reply 49
Original post by Liv Stadden
Is anyone doing the access to dental hygiene and therapy course through academy online learning?

This is the one I’m looking at doing, are you doing this one?
Original post by annab1991

This is the one I’m looking at doing, are you doing this one?

Yes I started it in august. It’s a good course, as long as you keep with it
Reply 51
Original post by Liv Stadden
Yes I started it in august. It’s a good course, as long as you keep with it

Are you finding it difficult? Where are you hoping to apply?
Original post by annab1991

Are you finding it difficult? Where are you hoping to apply?

Not difficult, it’s just time consuming, but I knew this beforehand, and I’m happy with the course.
I’m looking at Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Plymouth & Portsmouth, wbu ? X
Reply 53
Hey !

Has anyone sent in applications to UoE and heard anything yet ?

This is my first time applying for Oral health sciences at Essex , and I honestly don’t know when I should expect to hear anything ? It’s driving me crazy!

I’ve got 6 years dental nursing experience , A-level applied sciences and BTEC level applied sciences so really praying 🙏🏻

Does anyone know when we would expect to hear for an interview if we were successful?

TIA x
Anyone got interviews for Teesside?
I've got a deferred place for Birmingham next year! When I went for my interviews at Birmingham and Newcastle they were both mixed with school leavers and mature students - I'm going to be a mature student (24 at start of course).

If anyone has any q's about Birmingham/Newcastle or Kings interview/application process from last year let me know as I somehow(?!) managed to get offers at all 3 :smile:
Original post by charann2000
I've got a deferred place for Birmingham next year! When I went for my interviews at Birmingham and Newcastle they were both mixed with school leavers and mature students - I'm going to be a mature student (24 at start of course).

If anyone has any q's about Birmingham/Newcastle or Kings interview/application process from last year let me know as I somehow(?!) managed to get offers at all 3 :smile:

Hi what sort of questions did they ask for Newcastle
Hi what sort of questions did they ask for Newcastle

Newcastle was fairly personal based off of what I wanted to talk about - asked a lot about me as a person and why I wanted to do it etc
From memory there was then a couple of scenario based questions - which you had time to answer each uninterrupted
Was probably the most chill out of the three!
Original post by charann2000

Newcastle was fairly personal based off of what I wanted to talk about - asked a lot about me as a person and why I wanted to do it etc
From memory there was then a couple of scenario based questions - which you had time to answer each uninterrupted
Was probably the most chill out of the three!

thank you!
Reply 59
Just got my interview for university of Essex ! 😃

Any one else have interview?? X

Quick Reply

Latest