The Student Room Group

Official Dental Hygiene and Therapy (Oral Health Science) 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charann2000
I've got a deferred place for Birmingham next year! When I went for my interviews at Birmingham and Newcastle they were both mixed with school leavers and mature students - I'm going to be a mature student (24 at start of course).

If anyone has any q's about Birmingham/Newcastle or Kings interview/application process from last year let me know as I somehow(?!) managed to get offers at all 3 :smile:

What were the questions like for Birmingham ?
Original post by Liv Stadden
What were the questions like for Birmingham ?

Im certain the questions will change for this one was more of an MMI - some pretty random things tbh, would try and get confident on thinking on your feet! Don't second guess yourself just go with your gut.
It was not just about DHT, just ensure you are verbalising your thought process even what could seem like a thoughtless question.
Think this was my favourite interview!
Reply 62
I've got a deferred place for Birmingham next year! When I went for my interviews at Birmingham and Newcastle they were both mixed with school leavers and mature students - I'm going to be a mature student (24 at start of course).

If anyone has any q's about Birmingham/Newcastle or Kings interview/application process from last year let me know as I somehow(?!) managed to get offers at all 3 :smile:

how was the kings interview like and was there any specific questions they asked?
Reply 63
Original post by Ruby2011
Hey where is everyone applying to? Has anyone sent their applications already?

Hey! Sent off my application to Essex uni in September and I’ve just got the email for an interview !! Fingers crossed ! Have you applied yet? X
Reply 64

hii , what kind of questions did they ask for king’s ? x
Reply 65
what kind of interviews are done at kcl and qmul?
wait have ppl gotten interviews at kings for dht? x
Reply 67
Original post by lifeoftheparty
wait have ppl gotten interviews at kings for dht? x

not yet. you?
Original post by user5783
not yet. you?

neither, when do ppl start hearing?
Original post by luvhmuni
how was the kings interview like and was there any specific questions they asked?

Kings was online last year so a bit different to the others, there were 2 dental specific sections and then 2 that were more tailored to your application and outside of your dental ‘life’
Was another one where you had the opportunity to just talk about your thought process and ideas before they moved to the next question!
Original post by soonadentist
Is the submission deadline jan 31st? I aim to be ready to apply beginning of january

My school has advised to apply by December. But check on UCAS the deadlines for each University as they are all different.
Original post by Tmorg
Hi, is anyone applying with an access course and a trainee dental nurse?
Thanks

yes both
Reply 72
Original post by Kayyy30
The reason is due to finances, I live rlly far and the train ticket is around £200 which I can’t afford. Why do you think the chance of getting in higher in person as opposed to online?

chances aren’t higher if you go in person, i had an online interview last year and got an unconditional offer
Reply 73
Original post by mayaa130
chances aren’t higher if you go in person, i had an online interview last year and got an unconditional offer

Ahh that’s good to hear, lol. I have my interview online next Tuesday and I’m so nervous!
How did you find your interview last year? x
Reply 74
omg just submitted my application! applied with predicted grades ABB (bio, chem and psych) to kcl, bristol, brum, plymouth and leeds :smile: how long after applying have people started to receive interviews?
Reply 75
Original post by Kayyy30
Ahh that’s good to hear, lol. I have my interview online next Tuesday and I’m so nervous!

it was good, they ask you about scope of practice, examples of resilience, empathy, care and compassion, what skills and qualities you have that make you ideal etc
Reply 76
Original post by mayaa130
it was good, they ask you about scope of practice, examples of resilience, empathy, care and compassion, what skills and qualities you have that make you ideal etc

Omg thanks a bunch! So it’s general interview questions, that’s a relief xD.
Someone else had told me that they asked really weird scenario based questions like what would you do if you saw a bunch of teenage boys laughing at a girl who had her skirt tucked into her shirt or something weird like that lol.

Also Did you end up going Teesside then? ◡̈
Reply 77
Original post by Kayyy30
Omg thanks a bunch! So it’s general interview questions, that’s a relief xD.
Someone else had told me that they asked really weird scenario based questions like what would you do if you saw a bunch of teenage boys laughing at a girl who had her skirt tucked into her shirt or something weird like that lol.

Also Did you end up going Teesside then? ◡̈

they could ask a scenario question, but i wouldn’t worry too much since it’ll probably be common sense to figure out what kind of answer they want
and no, teesside was my insurance choice i got into my firm so i ended up there instead
Original post by Kayyy30

wheres ur interview?
Reply 79
For those who successfully got interview invitations, what a level grades did you get?
I got BBCs so i'm worried this would be a setback

Quick Reply

Latest