The Student Room Group

Official Dental Hygiene and Therapy (Oral Health Science) 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Be_alone
For those who successfully got interview invitations, what a level grades did you get?
I got BBCs so i'm worried this would be a setback

This is what I wanna know, what course did u apply too
Reply 81
Original post by Lazytown101

hey

Did you get the same grade?
I want to apply for dht
Reply 82
Original post by Bloomaimz
Just got my interview for university of Essex ! 😃

Any one else have interview?? X

hi congrats for getting an interview

Can you share how you wrote up your p statement?

many thanks
Reply 83
just submitted my UCAS with grades A*AA (eng lit, bio & chem) for LSBU, leeds, kings & queens !!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 84
Original post by luvhmuni
just submitted my UCAS with grades A*AA (eng lit, bio & chem) for LSBU, leeds, kings & queens !!

are you in year13?
Reply 85
For those who successfully got interview invitations, what a level grades did you get?
I got BBCs so i'm worried this would be a setback

I had A levels in applied science with forensics DMM (distinction merit merit)
X
Reply 86
Original post by Lazytown101

A Level in applied science with forensics DMM grade.

Applied for oral health sciences x
Reply 87
hi congrats for getting an interview

Can you share how you wrote up your p statement?

many thanks

Thank you !

I can’t share my whole personal statement due to the personal content but the main thing I did is express my interest into science and the developments it’s made over the years and how it continues to develop and I want to be a part of that development. Linked it in with my science related qualifications and how much they interest me. Spoke about my dental nurse background and my connections to patients and how much I love the work I do but want to push myself further and give more back to the community in healthcare. Xx
Reply 88
Original post by user5783
are you in year13?

yeah i am in yr 13 currently
Reply 89
Original post by luvhmuni
yeah i am in yr 13 currently

ahh me too, it's reassuring seeing other y13s applying😭
Reply 90
Hi, does anyone know if i can apply to dental hygiene and the dental therapy course in LSBU since their different courses.
Reply 91
Original post by Tx2345
Hi, does anyone know if i can apply to dental hygiene and the dental therapy course in LSBU since their different courses.

i think so? because i applied to both dental therapy and dental hygiene at LSBU
Reply 92
Original post by Kayyy30
Hi! Does anyone know which dht courses are the least competitive?
I mean I know they’re all very competitive , but which have the most spaces? I really want to get in and I am unsure which unis to apply for. I’m deffo thinking LSBU and Essex, kings for inspirational lol.
I applied to Suffolk last year and got an interview but after interview got put on the waiting list, so I’m not sure if I should apply again?
Would really appreciate some help!

Hey same here im still on the waiting list too havent heard anything back since
Original post by user5783
ahh me too, it's reassuring seeing other y13s applying😭

samee
Reply 94
Original post by lifeoftheparty
samee

omg same hahaa, so many applicants are post grad or have a dental nursing qualification so it's making me question if I have a high chance of getting accepted over them. and the spaces are so limited, 20-30 (depending on the uni) which scares me!!
Reply 95
Original post by hadjerhms
omg same hahaa, so many applicants are post grad or have a dental nursing qualification so it's making me question if I have a high chance of getting accepted over them. and the spaces are so limited, 20-30 (depending on the uni) which scares me!!

right!!
Reply 96
Original post by HjrKii
I've applied to
Portsmouth
Teesside University
Plymouth
Essex
Lsbu
I've had one unconditional offer so far. The rest of the uni states they'll reply back until the ucas deadline. - if that helps

Hi congrats on getting an unconditional! If you don’t mind me asking are you a dental nurse and what uni did you get into ?
Reply 97
Heyy I just received an unconditional offer from Teesside university!
Reply 98
Original post by HjrKii
Hi thanks.
Teesside University - dental hygiene
And I have 2 years experience as a dental nurse ( includes placement when I did dental nursing at uni)

Hey I also got an unconditional offer from Teesside ! Congratulations too you! Do u have insta ?
Reply 99
Original post by Tynaxoxo
Heyy I just received an unconditional offer from Teesside university!

Hey! Congratulations on your unconditional offer that’s amazing!! I have an interview with Teesside in a few weeks, what kind of questions did they ask you? Just so I know if I’m on the right lines for preparation! Also how did you find the interview? Was this your first time being interviewed at the uni? Your help would be much appreciated! xx
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest