The Student Room Group

Student mom

Hi,

I'm an adult student and mother of two little babies. I will do pharmacy (full-time) this September.
As a mother and student there are a lot of things to be worried about.
I really need some tips….
And some hopes…

Sometimes I think I can never do it , l hear a lot that pharmacy is very difficult and I'm not able to pass the exams…
Some people make me feel guilty because they think I should be a full time mom ….

And more and more…..

Pls share your experience….
Reply 1
Hello, pharmacy student here

I’m not a parent but there are a couple of people who are on my course and they manage to get by just the same as everyone else. I’m going into second year and I didn’t think that the first year work load was too bad. You know about exams way in advance and I did really have many deadlines to meet and the ones I did, I had weeks to finish it. If you need it there’s lots of support unis can offer like deadline extensions and stuff like that, speak to your tutor so they know your situation and they will be able to help you out.

I think most unis give you at least one day off in the week aswell so if you could probably smash any work out in that full day.

Also who cares what other people think, you do what’s best for yourself and your families future.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending