The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews biology and maths 3/4year bsc

hi, what's the difference between the 3 and 4 year course? is it just that the 4 year course goes into more depth than the 3 year course?
Reply 1
Original post by twinkle_31
hi, what's the difference between the 3 and 4 year course? is it just that the 4 year course goes into more depth than the 3 year course?

Most degrees at St Andrews are four year courses. For some you can do 'direct entry' to second year and complete your degree in three years. So in that case the three year course is the same as the last three years of the four year course! In your first year of the 4 yr course you do introductory modules and, if you are doing joint biology and maths you would also pick a third subject for first year. So it gives you the chance to study something else.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by S1098
Most degrees at St Andrews are four year courses. For some you can do 'direct entry' to second year and complete your degree in three years. So in that case the three year course is the same as the last three years of the four year course! In your first year of the 4 yr course you do introductory modules and, if you are doing joint biology and maths you would also pick a third subject for first year. So it gives you the chance to study something else.

thank you! on their website for the 3 year course it says that direct entry into 2nd year is available, so is that referring to the 4 year course and how you can skip a year?
Reply 3
thank you! on their website for the 3 year course it says that direct entry into 2nd year is available, so is that referring to the 4 year course and how you can skip a year?

I would think so. Where are you seeing the three year course listed? Can you share the link?
Reply 4
Original post by S1098
I would think so. Where are you seeing the three year course listed? Can you share the link?

oh my bad, it only shows up as 2 options on the the ucas website but on the actual st andrews website there's only the 4 year course, thank you again!
Reply 5
oh my bad, it only shows up as 2 options on the the ucas website but on the actual st andrews website there's only the 4 year course, thank you again!

Ah right.

If you want to see more detail on what you could study then have a look at the programme requirements and module catalogue.

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/reqs/2023-24/list.html?v=ug

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/modules/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending