The Student Room Group

Idk what courses I should pick for University of

I do physics chemistry and maths and I got E in physics, D in chemistry and C in maths for my As Levels. I don't know what I should do know should I carry on with this in second year? And I am not sure what courses I want to do in university. Can somebody give me an advance, please?
Original post by notmylifeso
I do physics chemistry and maths and I got E in physics, D in chemistry and C in maths for my As Levels. I don't know what I should do know should I carry on with this in second year? And I am not sure what courses I want to do in university. Can somebody give me an advance, please?

Hi there :smile:

Current Cardiff Uni student here!

Firstly, what made you chose your subjects? Are you passionate about them? Are there any particular subjects that you are most excited for/ passionate about? This is one of the most important aspects of how enjoyable your time at uni is - I think it's way more important to study something that you're passionate about and will enjoy rather than anything else.

Are there career advisers available at your school? They should be able to give you a great introduction to your options.

All the best

Jaz - Cardiff Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there :smile:

Current Cardiff Uni student here!

Firstly, what made you choose your subjects? Are you passionate about them? Are there any particular subjects that you are most excited about/ passionate about? This is one of the most important aspects of how enjoyable your time at uni is - I think it's way more important to study something that you're passionate about and will enjoy rather than anything else.

Are there career advisers available at your school? They should be able to give you a great introduction to your options.

All the best

I was thinking of picking history instead of physics but I am not sure what I should do anymore
Original post by notmylifeso
I was thinking of picking history instead of physics but I am not sure what I should do anymore

I would advise you to look into the courses and see what draws you in more. Then try to speak to a career advisor at school and see if they can give you any more information or advice:smile:

All the best

Quick Reply

Latest