The Student Room Group

Reapplying to uni

Guys I’m going to drop out of my course and reapply for 2024 entry. I’ve only been here for a week and I was just wondering do I need to mention this in my education history on ucas?
Reply 1
Let's say, for example, in the 2022-2023 academic year you studied Economics Year 1 and you want to drop out for this academic year and apply for second year entry in 2024 for the 2024-2025 academic year - then yes you will need to mention and show if you have passed first year.

If this is not the case and you were meant to study first year for 2023-2024 but chose to apply first year for 2024-2025, then no - you do not need to. Just need to send in your GCSE and A Level results.
Original post by KH29
If this is not the case and you were meant to study first year for 2023-2024 but chose to apply first year for 2024-2025, then no - you do not need to. Just need to send in your GCSE and A Level results.

Not completely clear on your wording but if someone has enrolled on a course, (as the OP has done), then yes they need to declare that even if that study was incomplete and they left without any qualification.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

"If you studied at a uni or college but didn't finish the course, you still need to enter these details. Include the start and finish date, and state that you didn't receive any qualifications there."

Original post by ConfusedSapien
Guys I’m going to drop out of my course and reapply for 2024 entry. I’ve only been here for a week and I was just wondering do I need to mention this in my education history on ucas?

Yes, see link above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending