The Student Room Group

Year 9-2023-24

Scroll to see replies

Original post by reyaxx
I'm doing AQA, so I think we are gonna be doing Conflict and Tension in Asia, Russia 1894-1945, and the general history of Britain. And yess there are so many ways to memorise stuff, personally I love blurting it genuinely helps you in a short amount of time I got 30/30 in a RS test because of it but flashcards work great too I just spend a long time trying to make them look nice tho loll. If you enjoy the human part of geography I recommend economics too apparently it's similar, but yeah I admit it's a really hard choice, good luck to you too though!

my school doesn’t offer economics for some reason
well done with your rs test, that’s an amazing score!!
for me, I have to say that I absolutely hate flash cards, mostly because I always believe that i’ll miss important information on them and then the one thing that I didn’t put on a flash card will come up on the test…
I prefer writing notes and i’ve recently tried blurting information too! it works reslly well for me, that’s a great method.
good luck to you tooo
Reply 81
Original post by FlyingSquirrel10
my school doesn’t offer economics for some reason
well done with your rs test, that’s an amazing score!!
for me, I have to say that I absolutely hate flash cards, mostly because I always believe that i’ll miss important information on them and then the one thing that I didn’t put on a flash card will come up on the test…
I prefer writing notes and i’ve recently tried blurting information too! it works reslly well for me, that’s a great method.
good luck to you tooo

yeaa tbh flashcards aren’t that great but mind maps work well for me personally I love how all the information is in one place and tysm!
bit late but
merry christmas guys!!
Reply 83
bit late but
merry christmas guys!!

Thanks!
Hope you all had a great Christmas!!
Reply 84
Hey guys! Can you believe we've already completed four months of school? Time flies, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to share some updates with you. At the beginning of the year, I was placed in set 2 for math, which was a bit of a bummer because I had always been in set 1. However, I am super excited to share that I recently scored 98% on my test, which was the highest in both set 2 and set 1. I worked really hard for it and it paid off so i am moving to set 1!!!!

So, what are your plans for the two-week break? I am practicing for a dance program on 6th January.
Kinda scared
Original post by Alm_xo
Hey guys! Can you believe we've already completed four months of school? Time flies, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to share some updates with you. At the beginning of the year, I was placed in set 2 for math, which was a bit of a bummer because I had always been in set 1. However, I am super excited to share that I recently scored 98% on my test, which was the highest in both set 2 and set 1. I worked really hard for it and it paid off so i am moving to set 1!!!!

So, what are your plans for the two-week break? I am practicing for a dance program on 6th January.
Kinda scared

it's crazy that we've finished over a third of year nine..
well done with the amazing test score, that's absolutely spectacular and good luck with your dance program!
my plans are as follows:

have a depressing existential crisis (seems to be the only thing i'm spending my time on these days)

study

learn how to program

learn how to write with my left hand although i'm right handed (getting pretty good at this actually)

practice dance and do other stuff

finish my list of stuff to do even though its unlikely ill actually finish it (its not that long but i procrastinate too much haha)

I only have just under a week left as my school ended a week ago. all in all, it'll be alright.. what else are you planning to do?
Original post by Alm_xo
Thanks!
Hope you all had a great Christmas!!

yeah! i went on holiday!
(this is flyingsquirrel10 on a different account btw🙂 )
Reply 87
Original post by i_am_a_potato
it's crazy that we've finished over a third of year nine..
well done with the amazing test score, that's absolutely spectacular and good luck with your dance program!
my plans are as follows:

have a depressing existential crisis (seems to be the only thing i'm spending my time on these days)

study

learn how to program

learn how to write with my left hand although i'm right handed (getting pretty good at this actually)

practice dance and do other stuff

finish my list of stuff to do even though its unlikely ill actually finish it (its not that long but i procrastinate too much haha)

I only have just under a week left as my school ended a week ago. all in all, it'll be alright.. what else are you planning to do?

I have my gcse history mock exam on january and i have not revised at all as I have more important stuff at the dead line than my exam which is crazy as I think exam>any other thing
but I cant study now :frown:((
Original post by Alm_xo
I have my gcse history mock exam on january and i have not revised at all as I have more important stuff at the dead line than my exam which is crazy as I think exam>any other thing
but I cant study now :frown:((

when is it? would you be able to revise when school starts again?
also, which examboard do you do history with, and do you prefer geography or history??
Reply 89
also, which examboard do you do history with, and do you prefer geography or history??

I do AQA history
i love both subjects equally - for some reason i think i enjoy geography more which is surprising but I haven't started the gcse material of geography yet
Reply 90

its January 15 smth we havent been told yet
hey guys! really random, but I said here before that I was failing classics. anyway, I rewrote my work and submitted it to the competition and I just got an email saying I was shortlisted! i’m pretty happy about it :smile:
Hi guys, for anyone that's picked their subjects, if you're on ig @ateamacadrevision have started doing mini summed up topics for Maths english science of the key things that you need to now. This should help, I find them really useful:smile:
hey guys! really random, but I said here before that I was failing classics. anyway, I rewrote my work and submitted it to the competition and I just got an email saying I was shortlisted! i’m pretty happy about it :smile:

well done! thats great!
hallo everyone, how’s it going?
have you guys picked/chosen ur gcses?
Reply 95
Guys i am so scared
i am having my mock gcse exam on 26th and i am proper scared
like terrified
its a full exam in the hall n all its a 2.5 hr exam!
It gives u a predicted grade and stuff i am pretty sure i will do bad as it my first mock so:frown:
ive never done a mock but treat it as a leraning experince ig? like i had the oucc today and i'd done it last year but not very well so my mindset was revise as much as i can and do as well as i can do and then learn from that.
also im sure you'll be fine, as long as you are confident. is this history?
Original post by whoskaavya
ive never done a mock but treat it as a leraning experince ig? like i had the oucc today and i'd done it last year but not very well so my mindset was revise as much as i can and do as well as i can do and then learn from that.
also im sure you'll be fine, as long as you are confident. is this history?

I did the oucc too and my computer hanged when there was twelve minutes left and i was two minutes away from a hardest level question -_-
Original post by Alm_xo
Guys i am so scared
i am having my mock gcse exam on 26th and i am proper scared
like terrified
its a full exam in the hall n all its a 2.5 hr exam!
It gives u a predicted grade and stuff i am pretty sure i will do bad as it my first mock so:frown:

you definitely have time to revise for it! plus, your only in y9, most schools haven’t even chosen gcses yet, and i’m sure you’ll do amazing. just don’t procrastinate and definitely revise, revise, revise and you’re definitely gonna get a nine. definitely don’t burn out with studying though, get 8 hours of sleep (that’s me being a hypocrite) and look after yourself. what subject is it?
(edited 3 months ago)
I did the oucc too and my computer hanged when there was twelve minutes left and i was two minutes away from a hardest level question -_-

nooooo :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest