The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leicester A199 (foundation year) 2024 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by B7861
I might just go for it. Other options are Plymouth and UEA but they’re too far from where I live and I wouldn’t feel comfortable going that far. Hoping I’ll make the cutoff

Are you applying for foundation courses for those as well?

If so I'd say definitely go for uea as interviews are given based on ucat ranking. 2600+ tends to be on the higher end for medicine with a foundation year so it's definitely worth applying.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Aks-y
Are you applying for foundation courses for those as well?

If so I'd say definitely go for uea as interviews are given based on ucat ranking. 2600+ tends to be on the higher end for medicine with a foundation year so it's definitely worth applying.

Yes all the unis I’m applying for med are foundation year
Reply 22
Has anyone received an acknowledgment email from Leicester for a199 yet? A couple of people applying to a100 have received them but I've not received anything so I just wanted to make sure I'm not the outlier.
Reply 23
Original post by Aks-y
Has anyone received an acknowledgment email from Leicester for a199 yet? A couple of people applying to a100 have received them but I've not received anything so I just wanted to make sure I'm not the outlier.

I got mine straightaway, you could contact Leicester
Original post by Aks-y

Hey, I thought I didn't get it either but it was in my spam folder😭 check it if you haven't already^^
Reply 25
Original post by Harrybutch
Hey, I thought I didn't get it either but it was in my spam folder😭 check it if you haven't already^^

I did get it but must have accidentally deleted it and didn’t see it. Anyways they resent the email and you guessed it, it ended up in spam.
Reply 26
Anyone know interview dates for this year?
Reply 27
Original post by Idk131
Anyone know interview dates for this year?

Not sure about this year but for last year and the year before, interviews happened around mid-February with invites being given in January.
Hello there,

Happy to hear you have applied for University of Leicester!

Medicine with Foundation Year applicants are typically interviewed in February. Interview scores are ranked, and top scoring applicants start receiving offers in February/March. If you want to read more about this process, you can check the entry requirements page on our website.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Sumayyah
(UK Student Recruitment)
Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 29
Who else received an eligibility questionnaire today? and is this a bad thing or something everyone has to do?
Reply 30
Original post by Aks-y
Who else received an eligibility questionnaire today? and is this a bad thing or something everyone has to do?

I also got it earlier. As it says on the email "Completion of this questionnaire enables us to process your application further. It is not a guarantee of an interview".
Reply 31
Original post by S. H
I also got it earlier. As it says on the email "Completion of this questionnaire enables us to process your application further. It is not a guarantee of an interview".

Yh once I reread the email I realised that it was just something that everyone needs to do for them to progress the applications further. I've already sent mine since none of the widening criteria I meet requires me to send them evidence.
Reply 32
Original post by Aks-y
Yh once I reread the email I realised that it was just something that everyone needs to do for them to progress the applications further. I've already sent mine since none of the widening criteria I meet requires me to send them evidence.

I haven't been given a eligibility criteria checklist and I have checked my spam and junk nothing was sent, so maybe this they already made a decision and rejected me? Considering my UCAT was 2270 band 2 and my GCSE's aren't great I am not surprised I wish all of you good luck though! My hopes fell when they told me they don't look at predicted grades.
Original post by Zoro.to
I haven't been given a eligibility criteria checklist and I have checked my spam and junk nothing was sent, so maybe this they already made a decision and rejected me? Considering my UCAT was 2270 band 2 and my GCSE's aren't great I am not surprised I wish all of you good luck though! My hopes fell when they told me they don't look at predicted grades.

Hey that’s okay Zoro you have other options and I’ve seen you in different threads. Inshallah you’ll make it in this year. Leicester is one of the Unis that takes longer to reply so don’t be disheartened yet. Remain hopeful. Also you may have not received that email as through ur UCAS alone you hit enough contextual points so they don’t need any additional info I think.
(edited 4 months ago)
would Leicester consider my application even though i do not meet one of the eligible criteria's but tick the rest as mentioned in their form?
Reply 35
Original post by rosaaaaaaaaa
would Leicester consider my application even though i do not meet one of the eligible criteria's but tick the rest as mentioned in their form?

You have to meet the contextual criteria which is a bit difficult to explain but you can read up on it here: https://le.ac.uk/study/medicine/entry-requirements/foundation

Essentially the eligibility questionnaire presents all the contextual markers that the university considers and from the contextual markers specific to you, they will then assess whether you meet the contextual criteria which you can read up on via the link I've just posted from their website.

You must also not have predicted or achieved grades that mean that you are eligible to apply for the A100 course.

Hope this helps.
Reply 36
Original post by sunflower2.0
Hey that’s okay Zoro you have other options and I’ve seen you in different threads. Inshallah you’ll make it in this year. Leicester is one of the Unis that takes longer to reply so don’t be disheartened yet. Remain hopeful. Also you may have not received that email as through ur UCAS alone you hit enough contextual points so they don’t need any additional info I think.

Lol thanks I also recognise you, all we need is one offer so yeah I still got 2 more unis to go inshallah you get in too
Original post by Zoro.to
Lol thanks I also recognise you, all we need is one offer so yeah I still got 2 more unis to go inshallah you get in too

Thank you by Gods Grace man❤️ (Ik ur name isn’t Zoro but I’ll address you as that for privacy sake😭)
Reply 38
Original post by sunflower2.0
Thank you by Gods Grace man❤️ (Ik ur name isn’t Zoro but I’ll address you as that for privacy sake😭)

;( you too sunflower2.0 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂
Leicester aren’t gonna get back to us for a while. They’re gonna interview in feb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending