The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leicester A199 (foundation year) 2024 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by meryamf
such a valid point

i hope it is( i’ve got 52.5 points and i’m stressed)
Reply 61
ok guys i was stalking last years thread and the first interview was given on the 17th of January around 1:30pm
Original post by meryamf
ok guys i was stalking last years thread and the first interview was given on the 17th of January around 1:30pm

Ahh right so we’ve got plenty of time. I’m just waiting for UEA, apparently they’ve started sending invites but I’ve not heard anything…. Anybody else aplied for UEA?
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous_7871
Ahh right so we’ve got plenty of time. I’m just waiting for UEA, apparently they’ve started sending invites but I’ve not heard anything…. Anybody else aplied for UEA?

OMG HEY UR FROM THE UEA THREAD!! but the next batch should be tomorrow hopefully, every day i check my emails at 6pm and get devastated every time LMAO
Original post by meryamf
OMG HEY UR FROM THE UEA THREAD!! but the next batch should be tomorrow hopefully, every day i check my emails at 6pm and get devastated every time LMAO

Haha yes I am, bruh same, before I was confident that I’d get an interview, but after Leeds rejection I’m not so sure now 😅

What’s ur UCAT? Also do your a levels/gcses affect your chance of interview or is it if you meet the threshold your fine?
Reply 65
Haha yes I am, bruh same, before I was confident that I’d get an interview, but after Leeds rejection I’m not so sure now 😅

What’s ur UCAT? Also do your a levels/gcses affect your chance of interview or is it if you meet the threshold your fine?

nah, don't worry about it. I was rejected from Leeds first and then went on to get two interviews for both Notts and Lincoln so one rejection doesn't define your other chances.
Reply 66

did u apply for the a100 course for leeds? my ucat is 2520b1 and i don’t think the grades matter, their weighting is only the ucat for shortlisting then interview score+sjt band im pretty sure. last year i got 2560b1 and got an interview for the uea a100 course even tho most people were getting 2650+ if that gives any reassurance
Reply 67
Original post by NotNova
I emailed them and they said not everyone receives one, so dw!!!!

Does anyone know the previous stats for UCAT scores for foundation year leicester because I did phone them 2 months back and they hinted that I had a very low chance since my UCAT is low and GCSE's are low.

Honestly I am surprised Leicester is taking long to come back to me considering I had a better chance at other Unis yet they all rejected me so my hopes are down ;(, Guess I'll reapply for the 5 year medicine course and start preparing for the UCAT now LOL
Reply 68
Original post by Zoro.to
Does anyone know the previous stats for UCAT scores for foundation year leicester because I did phone them 2 months back and they hinted that I had a very low chance since my UCAT is low and GCSE's are low.

Honestly I am surprised Leicester is taking long to come back to me considering I had a better chance at other Unis yet they all rejected me so my hopes are down ;(, Guess I'll reapply for the 5 year medicine course and start preparing for the UCAT now LOL

Nvm I looked at the previous stats and honestly I was out of my mind to apply here with mine, guess this is a learning curve and I'll just wait for my rejection - focus on getting those A's in A levels I guess.
Reply 69
Original post by Zoro.to
Nvm I looked at the previous stats and honestly I was out of my mind to apply here with mine, guess this is a learning curve and I'll just wait for my rejection - focus on getting those A's in A levels I guess.

You shouldn't sell yourself short as you never know what would happen. Even if things don't go to plan this year there's always next year.
Last year I was in the exact same position as you and didn't get even a single interview. This year I've already received 2 and waiting on 2 more so if you really want to do medicine don't give up and have faith in the process.
Reply 70
You are right I am going to re-apply next year, good luck on your 2 interviews
It’s not about UCAT, it’s about your total score. Last year cutoff was 54.5
Original post by Aks-y
You shouldn't sell yourself short as you never know what would happen. Even if things don't go to plan this year there's always next year.
Last year I was in the exact same position as you and didn't get even a single interview. This year I've already received 2 and waiting on 2 more so if you really want to do medicine don't give up and have faith in the process.

Hey, so you think score for non midlands applicants will come down? I score 55 and I know it’s only 0.5 above last years cutoff. I’ve got 2 invites so far and Leicester is the last one I’m waiting for
Reply 73
Hey, so you think score for non midlands applicants will come down? I score 55 and I know it’s only 0.5 above last years cutoff. I’ve got 2 invites so far and Leicester is the last one I’m waiting for

I think they are likely to come down as grade inflation is less this year
They did in the Nottingham foundation thread. This year people below last years cutoff received invites so cutoff for Leicester is also likely to come down.
(edited 4 months ago)

Wait how do you know or work out your score ?
Original post by AliyahAkra
Wait how do you know or work out your score ?

They have a scoring document on their website
They have a scoring document on their website

I found the scoring table for GCSEs and UCAT but I can’t find the A level one ? And is that the only 3 things that form a score
Reply 77
Original post by AliyahAkra
I found the scoring table for GCSEs and UCAT but I can’t find the A level one ? And is that the only 3 things that form a score

Yes, 50% UCAT 50% GCSE/achieved A levels for a total score out of 64. If you are an achieved applicant only 5 GCSE's and you add the A level scoring to a max total capped at 32. Your 3 best A levels are scored: A/A*=5 B=4 C=3 anything below isn't given points.
What do we think cutoff will be this year? Last year was 54.5 and I score 55
Reply 79
What do we think cutoff will be this year? Last year was 54.5 and I score 55

Hoping it goes down. Since GCSE's were sat this year, they won't be as inflated as the last application cycle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending