The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leicester A199 (foundation year) 2024 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know when they start sending out offers for the foundation med programme?
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous_7871
What do we think cutoff will be this year? Last year was 54.5 and I score 55

probably slightly above pre-pandemic levels. I'm guessing 53 this year
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 82
do you think i have a chance to get an interview if i have a score of 52.5
Reply 83
Original post by nxjmx123
do you think i have a chance to get an interview if i have a score of 52.5

don’t really know tbf. 53 is just an educated guess based on previous admission cycles and it doesn’t really matter as interviews will start rolling out in about 10 to 15 days so we’ll know shortly.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 84
Original post by Aks-y
don’t really know tbf. 53/54 is just an educated guess based on previous admission cycles and it doesn’t really matter as interviews will start rolling out in about 10 to 15 days so we’ll know shortly.

oh yh that’s true. Just got to wait and see
Reply 85
When exactly does leicester start sending out interviews invites. Is there a specific date?
Reply 86
mid January based on previous year
Original post by Aks-y
mid January based on previous year

Do you know when they interview?
Reply 88
Do you know when they interview?

Interview in February and offers in march.
Reply 89
Hopefully, we should be getting invite notifications from Leicester any day now (The wait is actually killing me). I'm personally predicting this Friday or early next week.

Anyone up for mock interview practice?
Original post by Aks-y
Hopefully, we should be getting invite notifications from Leicester any day now (The wait is actually killing me). I'm personally predicting this Friday or early next week.

Yep I’m down, although I’ve just started my prep lol

Also what makes you say they’ll get back to us this week? I’m not confident tbh… 55 non midlands
Reply 91

Also what makes you say they’ll get back to us this week? I’m not confident tbh… 55 non midlands

Generally, if you look in previous threads, Leicester has sent invites for A199 quite consistently around mid January so I'm just following the trend really. The most likely date is this Friday the 12th or next week Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Of course, it's only speculation.

I started prep back in November and have had 2 interviews so far. Leicester hopefully should be my last if receive an invitation so I don't want to get complacent between now and the time interviews take place in mid February.

Cutoff last year was 54.5 and I expect it to go down this year due to lower GCSE grade inflation so I think you should be ok.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 92

how’s ur UEA prep going, i haven’t started yet…
Original post by meryamf
how’s ur UEA prep going, i haven’t started yet…

I’ve been doing very light prep over last month but have properly started now. I’m just doing general interview prep as don’t really know what uea can specially ask
Original post by Aks-y

Yeh im down for practice, i haven't started yet 🥲💔
Anybody heard anything? I can’t bare the wait anymore lol😅
Reply 96

Nah nothing, and there's no update on the applicant portal either. My hope is that we hear from them either tomorrow or next Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday as in 2022 invites rolled out on the 14th and in 2023 on the 17th.
Reply 97

Nope, nothing. I feel u man 😭.Leicester is the last out of my four to respond.
Reply 98
I think they are probably trying to finish of the interview batch for this month which started on January 8th and ends tomorrow but man is the wait killing me. I'm literally checking my emails every hour.
Original post by Aks-y
Nah nothing, and there's no update on the applicant portal either. My hope is that we hear from them either tomorrow or next Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday as in 2022 invites rolled out on the 14th and in 2023 on the 17th.

Applicant portal? What’s that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending