The Student Room Group

Can I self study a fourth alevel and use it to apply for med

I want to apply to medicine but most unis require A*AA, i got AAA for my alevels, is it possible to take a year out self study a fourth alevel and get an A*(which is different to my original 3) and use that as the A* in my application, or does all the alevels need to be done within 2 years to count for medicine.
Original post by hi2020
I want to apply to medicine but most unis require A*AA, i got AAA for my alevels, is it possible to take a year out self study a fourth alevel and get an A*(which is different to my original 3) and use that as the A* in my application, or does all the alevels need to be done within 2 years to count for medicine.

Most dont require A*AA from https://www.medify.co.uk/blog/a-level-requirements#:~:text=A%2Dlevels%20are%20one%20of,for%20those%20with%20lower%20grades.

26 medical schools are AAA or ABB (Buckingham)
11 A*AA
1 A*A*A cambridge
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by hi2020

Where have you got that from 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending