The Student Room Group

Gcse results 2023

Hi, I really want to go to med school and I have 7s for all subjects i needed to do maths, bio and chem for alevels however i am stauck with a 5 in english- i dont know what to do- majority med schools want a 6 however ones who only require a pass a wayyyy to far from home - could travel there no doubt but ill get homesick - it is way to far to travel back and fourth and I dont really want to retake eng lan gcse - does anyone know what i should do????
Original post by MrEggxd
Hi, I really want to go to med school and I have 7s for all subjects i needed to do maths, bio and chem for alevels however i am stauck with a 5 in english- i dont know what to do- majority med schools want a 6 however ones who only require a pass a wayyyy to far from home - could travel there no doubt but ill get homesick - it is way to far to travel back and fourth and I dont really want to retake eng lan gcse - does anyone know what i should do????

Some med schools don't consider GCSE scores as highly as others - so you might want to post in the Medicine forum to ask which ones they are. Otherwise, resitting in year 12 would be the best option.
Reply 2
Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest