The Student Room Group

Do I need good predicted grades to apply for an apprenticeship?

Want to take an apprenticeship after college (I’m in year 12) and I’m taking my mocks atm. My mock results are probably going to be pretty poor (like Ds) so to get into a good university I’d need to take a gap year. I find an apprenticeship more desirable anyway because it gets me on the job ladder, experience, wages etc. but idk if I need to give them my predicted grades when I apply.
honestly no, an apprenticeship college said this to me - for a apprenticeship, they employ you for you, with no expectations other than you are going to try your hardest, and be on time. Grades don't matter and they will support you all the way.
Reply 2
Depends what sort of apprenticeship you go for. Higher levelled apprenticeships often require certain A level grades (can be as high as AAA-AAB in some industries), where as lower levels won't. If it's only for one year it's likely that it'll be a lower level as higher levels will often take much longer than a year. If it is as a gap year before university you might want to look at finding a job instead - you'll get a lot more money and less stress! Could look at online courses to do alongside a full/part time job to boost your CV too!

Also remember for apprenticeships a lot of the employers will be looking at you to become a full time member once your training is done, something you won't be able to do if you're at uni?
Reply 3
I want to do a apprenticeship but I fail my grades so it doesn't matter right ???
Original post by Ilhwnwn
I want to do a apprenticeship but I fail my grades so it doesn't matter right ???

Yes it does matter. An apprenticeship is not an easy way out. It is less academically focused, having lower entry requirements at level 3 qualifications, but entry requirements non the less
Reply 5
So what grades do I need to have for the apprenticeship at least ??
Reply 7
For the level 2 apprenticeship I don't need good grades right??
Original post by Ilhwnwn
For the level 2 apprenticeship I don't need good grades right??

Yes, you are correct. You do not need any grades as a matter of fact (level 2 is equal to gcse qualification)
Entry requirements are different depending on the employer and the role, but generally, Level 2 apprenticeships don't require any formal qualifications. If you don't already have GCSEs in English and maths, you will need to take functional skills as part of the apprenticeship, which is an alternative to GCSEs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjr99CU3viAAxWa_rsIHZzzC7wQFnoECBcQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ucas.com%2Fapprenticeships%2Flevel-2-intermediate%23%3A~%3Atext%3DEntry%2520requirements%2520are%2520different%2520depending%2Cis%2520an%2520alternative%2520to%2520GCSEs.&usg=AOvVaw2_zSEPICiS14_UT86BXwrq&opi=89978449

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending