The Student Room Group

ALEVEL options

Does anyone else not know what theyre doing for alevel? Im really confused on what to take, ive talked to many teachers and feel i have enough experience and knowledge to pick by now…but i still don’t know.
I find ethics rlly interesting so i would take english lit, psychology and rs however i suck at essay writing. The other option is biology and chemistry which i find slightly easier than essay based subjects but i find it boring. What do i do?? Pls helpppp i tried to weigh out the pros and cons but still can’t come to a final decision…
Original post by rabiiii379
Does anyone else not know what theyre doing for alevel? Im really confused on what to take, ive talked to many teachers and feel i have enough experience and knowledge to pick by now…but i still don’t know.
I find ethics rlly interesting so i would take english lit, psychology and rs however i suck at essay writing. The other option is biology and chemistry which i find slightly easier than essay based subjects but i find it boring. What do i do?? Pls helpppp i tried to weigh out the pros and cons but still can’t come to a final decision…

Hey I would look into uni subject I want to do and see what A level subject they want for entry requirements.

Besides that I believe psychology would have less essays than English lit but psychology still does have essays. On a psychology A - level exam you will have to answer 12 mark or more questions where you will need to write like an essay but your teacher will give you a guide on how to answer them. There are like plans set out on what write. I only did 1 year of A -level psychology . So that all I know about that.

You should definitely go to some college open evenings.

Btw chemistry is very math based.

Goodluck

Quick Reply

Latest