The Student Room Group

Computer science NEA

The deadline for my project is near and I haven't been able to do much in my project because my teacher keeps saying what I did is very simple and easy,I am not good in programming, idk what to do
Reply 1
Original post by Akanke_adeee
The deadline for my project is near and I haven't been able to do much in my project because my teacher keeps saying what I did is very simple and easy,I am not good in programming, idk what to do

if you do AQA i would say you should implement a data structure like a queue or tree, or a recursive algorithm such as a merge sort (though if you're sorting an SQL query, it is advised to just use the ORDER BY operator - don't overcomplicate things unnecessarily). or if you're storing user details for a log in page, you could hash their details in the database. what is your project idea and when is it due?
Reply 2
Original post by me555
if you do AQA i would say you should implement a data structure like a queue or tree, or a recursive algorithm such as a merge sort (though if you're sorting an SQL query, it is advised to just use the ORDER BY operator - don't overcomplicate things unnecessarily). or if you're storing user details for a log in page, you could hash their details in the database. what is your project idea and when is it due?

It's due in Easter
I'm creating a quiz app game using unity
But I'm not really good at it
Reply 3
It's due in Easter

I’m doing a quiz app game too on python i need helpppp
Reply 4
It's due in Easter

i dont know much about unity at all but i would say use OOP wherever you can, maybe with question objects and encapsulated methods to display questions, collect responses etc.

you could also 'store' the questions themselves as different data structures, depending on what you know you could do well: e.g. a stack (to allow for going back to questions & changing answers), a queue (for a chronological structure) or tree (for a hierarchical structure). but those are all just ideas and it all depends on what you've coded so far and your confidence.

and generally a login system is always a good idea for easy marks - you get to use a database if you haven't already & you can use hashing which adds complexity but is actually fairly simple to implement.
Reply 5
Original post by keziahhhhh
I’m doing a quiz app game too on python i need helpppp

i mine in python too! how far into coding are u
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by me555
i dont know much about unity at all but i would say use OOP wherever you can, maybe with question objects and encapsulated methods to display questions, collect responses etc.

you could also 'store' the questions themselves as different data structures, depending on what you know you could do well: e.g. a stack (to allow for going back to questions & changing answers), a queue (for a chronological structure) or tree (for a hierarchical structure). but those are all just ideas and it all depends on what you've coded so far and your confidence.

and generally a login system is always a good idea for easy marks - you get to use a database if you haven't already & you can use hashing which adds complexity but is actually fairly simple to implement.

Bruh😭
Reply 7
Bruh😭

it's longgg ik but there is defo time for u to add stuff before easter. tho don't forget the documentation bc that's equally important

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending