The Student Room Group

What are the best of oscar wilde's novels?

just read the picture of dorian gray, which was the first work of wilde I've read. I think he has a very elegant, sardonic style and would like more of his writing, hence was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations of some of his best work? thanks
Reply 1
Original post by ningqiushi
just read the picture of dorian gray, which was the first work of wilde I've read. I think he has a very elegant, sardonic style and would like more of his writing, hence was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations of some of his best work? thanks

I’ve read The Importance of Being Earnest, which was pretty good, but it’s really different from Dorian Gray, I guess since it’s a comedy and a play. It is really funny though, at least for the time of writing, and is very much a commentary on social class and standards as well.
Original post by ningqiushi

The Importance of Being Earnest is a good written satire, take this. As far as I know Wilde has written just one novel, and that was The picture of Dorian Gray. Even my recommendation is not a novel, but a drama.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending