The Student Room Group

English Literature NEA

I barely started year 13 and my teachers already started bombarding us with loads of resources for our NEAs. The problem is that I have not chosen my book yet. I was looking into writing about Virginia Woolf's novel "The waves", but to be honest it seems sooooo complex and I feel like 1500 words are not enough to submerge the dexterity of her writing. Does anyone have any suggestions? What book did you choose for your NEA and how did it go? (if you wish to divulge that information ofc)
Original post by Idkuhidklol
I barely started year 13 and my teachers already started bombarding us with loads of resources for our NEAs. The problem is that I have not chosen my book yet. I was looking into writing about Virginia Woolf's novel "The waves", but to be honest it seems sooooo complex and I feel like 1500 words are not enough to submerge the dexterity of her writing. Does anyone have any suggestions? What book did you choose for your NEA and how did it go? (if you wish to divulge that information ofc)

Hi! I'm guessing that you NEA may be a diff exam board if you're only doing one text for 1500 words. However, I think it's worth me saying this. I just finished y13 and got full marks on my NEA! I did The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde and Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare and looked at how the authors present marriage. I really enjoyed writing mine - really helps if you do enjoy your text. I have friends who did Woolf but A Room of One's Own. If it is too complex, maybe reconsider as you want text you understand. But you cant be expected to analyse her entire book - if you just focus on certain topic or theme then you should be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending