The Student Room Group

2022/23 Detective Constable Police Now Scheme

Thought i'd start a post about the police now detective scheme for 2023 entry. I've applied to City of London as i'm disappointed Met Police is not included. Does anyone have any information when Met police open again for detective DHEP entry? I would much rather do met as i feel city of london might be a bit boring.

Scroll to see replies

City of London is a much better force in terms of organisation and the way they treat you. Also, a CoLP detective is a really good opportunity for the future. A lot of financial, fraud and conspiracy type work, and a lot less depressing than a lot of Met CID / detective work.
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
City of London is a much better force in terms of organisation and the way they treat you. Also, a CoLP detective is a really good opportunity for the future. A lot of financial, fraud and conspiracy type work, and a lot less depressing than a lot of Met CID / detective work.

Thanks for that, got me a lot more interested. I’ll definitely keep progressing with ColP. I can always transfer at the end of the 2 years if isn’t for me, and working in central London seems like an experience.
Original post by chradw1
Thanks for that, got me a lot more interested. I’ll definitely keep progressing with ColP. I can always transfer at the end of the 2 years if isn’t for me, and working in central London seems like an experience.

There’s a lot more opportunity in the Met and a lot of different stuff - especially for DCs with experience - but CoLP will give you really decent grounding in stuff that is difficult to get skilled on elsewhere. If it’s on offer - I would very very seriously consider it.
Reply 4
I’ve applied as well and just got the invite for the online assessment. I wanted Manchester or Cheshire but they only had Staffordshire available
Reply 5
Hi I am planning to apply too :smile: can you share how soon after application you got an invitation for online assessment?
Reply 6
Original post by chradw1
Thought i'd start a post about the police now detective scheme for 2023 entry. I've applied to City of London as i'm disappointed Met Police is not included. Does anyone have any information when Met police open again for detective DHEP entry? I would much rather do met as i feel city of london might be a bit boring.

for me the same situation with met and city of London:smile: chose City police as main preference because other inconvenient due location
Reply 7
Original post by Nedzin
Hi I am planning to apply too :smile: can you share how soon after application you got an invitation for online assessment?

Mine came 5 days later. I haven’t started it yet though I’m nervous about the video questions
Reply 8
Original post by Nedzin

Honestly think it was a few days maximum, not long at all. Just finished the assessment, was a bit nervous with the video questions but I think I did very well with the scenario and written responses hopefully.
Reply 9
Yeh. I was also disappointed that the Met is not involved in Police Now. I can’t seem to find out anywhere about the opening dates for the Met?? As far as I know you cannot apply for the Met and Police Now forces at the same time….
Reply 10
Original post by vma1g19
Yeh. I was also disappointed that the Met is not involved in Police Now. I can’t seem to find out anywhere about the opening dates for the Met?? As far as I know you cannot apply for the Met and Police Now forces at the same time….

Unfortunately, you can't. Given what I've seen about posts made about Met DHEP for detectives, I think any day now the met is due to open for more applications. I actually just received an email saying they were now accepting, but just checked and still nothing on the website. So keep looking, hoping if I don't get Police Now I can try my luck at direct entry at some point.
Original post by chradw1
Unfortunately, you can't. Given what I've seen about posts made about Met DHEP for detectives, I think any day now the met is due to open for more applications. I actually just received an email saying they were now accepting, but just checked and still nothing on the website. So keep looking, hoping if I don't get Police Now I can try my luck at direct entry at some point.

I’m by no means a big fan of DE Detective,but I think it’s better than PN, which isn’t so much throwing you in the deep end as putting concrete boots on you and dropping you out of a plane into the middle of the ocean at night.
Reply 12
I've just done the online assessment and ngl I don't think it went well
Original post by OKD
I've just done the online assessment and ngl I don't think it went well

Oh no, why? These things always go better than expected 🙃
Reply 14
thank you for sharing, good luck everyone with your applications :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by vma1g19
Oh no, why? These things always go better than expected 🙃

My video responses were awful
Original post by OKD
My video responses were awful

Are the questions based around the core competencies and 'explain a time when you demonstrated resilience' sort of thing? Did you plan your responses? I'm scared and I've not even began applying :/
Hi everyone! I’ve also applied for the scheme, I did my initial application and the next day was invited to do the online assessment & personality test. I have just submitted that today, so will hopefully hear back soon!
Hey guys! Has anyone been invited to an assessment centre yet? Got an email today to say I passed the online assessment, but that they'll be back in touch to let me know if I've been invited to an assessment centre (seems like passing the online assessment is no guarantee), just wondering if anyone else has had this?
Reply 19
Original post by vma1g19
Are the questions based around the core competencies and 'explain a time when you demonstrated resilience' sort of thing? Did you plan your responses? I'm scared and I've not even began applying :/

That's what I prepared for but the video ones I got were more based on what police now is about and the role

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending