The Student Room Group

Maternity support worker interview

Is there any maternity support workers or midwives who would be willing to help me, I have an interview in the next couple of weeks and this job would mean the world to me! I’m absolutely awful in interview conditions and let the nerves get to me!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Aeryn.xx
Is there any maternity support workers or midwives who would be willing to help me, I have an interview in the next couple of weeks and this job would mean the world to me! I’m absolutely awful in interview conditions and let the nerves get to me!!

Hello @Aeryn.xx

I hope you're well. I am a 3rd year student midwife and I would love to be able to answer this query! I work closely with MSWs/HCAs and can see their overall roles and responsibilities. I would genuinely use any transferable skills you have from any previous jobs during your interviews. Demonstrate that you have good communication skills, are open to working in a team, are pro-active, and friendly to all the service users! Look at the daily roles and responsibilities of MSWs so that you can show you have a basic understanding of what is expected from you.

They might not specifically ask you, but have a quick look at the NHS 6Cs: https://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/nhs-staffing-pool-hub/working-in-healthcare/the-6-cs-of-care

It would also be beneficial for you to ask questions of your own at the interview, so try and have a think of things that are of interest to you! I would also look at the Trust's core values, definitely have an answer for why you want to be a maternity support worker too! Try to remain calm during your interview although I know that is super hard, as this can show that you are confident :smile:

Best of luck,
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Original post by Aeryn.xx

Good evening please is there any maternity support worker or a midwife who can be of to me? Please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending