The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Unconditional offer confirmation

I’ve received an unconditional offer by email from Aberystwyth uni and I know they say it could take until May before it is updated on UCAS. Is would like to apply for accommodation as soon as I can but don’t want to firm my offer until is is on UCAS as unconditional. Has anyone had their offer updated yet? Or when would this realistically happen?
Original post by Rominess
I’ve received an unconditional offer by email from Aberystwyth uni and I know they say it could take until May before it is updated on UCAS. Is would like to apply for accommodation as soon as I can but don’t want to firm my offer until is is on UCAS as unconditional. Has anyone had their offer updated yet? Or when would this realistically happen?

why would it take until may to get updated on ucas? i got an uncondtional from aber in septmber and ucas updated it straight away. i think you get access to the accomodation portal if aber is your firm choice. the registration date is on the 3rd of april and the actual booking date is the 18th of april. thats all i know, hopefully someone else will be able to provide more information.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by _Orangutan_
why would it take until may to get updated on ucas? i got an uncondtional from aber in septmber and ucas updated it straight away. i think you get access to the accomodation portal if aber is your firm choice. the registration date is on the 3rd of april and the actual booking date is the 18th of april. thats all i know, hopefully someone else will be able to provide more information.

I guess the uni has to update it. I’ve no idea why it should take that long. I don’t want to firm what is currently a conditional offer as it could appear that I am happy with that and then Aber uni could just leave it at conditional. My unconditional was as a result of the entrance exam I took in February.
I guess the uni has to update it. I’ve no idea why it should take that long. I don’t want to firm what is currently a conditional offer as it could appear that I am happy with that and then Aber uni could just leave it at conditional. My unconditional was as a result of the entrance exam I took in February.

you should try emailing the uni to tell them the problem and also message ucas, their facebook is very good at sorting stuff out.

Hey there,

Please do reach out to our admissions team at [email protected] who would be able to sort this out for you!

Mostafa
Reply 5
Thank you, I emailed admissions and my UCAS offer has been updated.
Reply 6

Just for if anyone else looks at this, mine wasn't updated but I still firmed it and had an email a few days later confirming my place :smile: (meaning I did get the unconditional)
Congratulations on your offers! My name is Mostafa and I'm a current student and ambassador for Aberystwyth University and I'm here to answer any questions you may have about the university.

If you have any at all, please don't hesitate to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest