The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Ask an ambassador

Hello everybody!

My name is Laurie and I am one of the Aberystwyth University Student Ambassadors. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with university life or study please drop it below in this chat and we will get back to you!
Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Hello everybody!

My name is Laurie and I am one of the Aberystwyth University Student Ambassadors. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with university life or study please drop it below in this chat and we will get back to you!
Hey there, I'm starting at Aber in September and I'm planning to join lots of clubs , I was wondering do you have to sign up with them during the Fresher's fair or do you just turn up during the club's first session of the year? Also I was wondering do club training sessions and games often overlap with lectures?
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by _Orangutan_
Hey there, I'm starting at Aber in September and I'm planning to join lots of clubs , I was wondering do you have to sign up with them during the Fresher's fair or do you just turn up during the club's first session of the year? Also I was wondering do club training sessions and games often overlap with lectures?

Hey - You absolutely do not have to join clubs and societies during Fresher's Fair. Its only an opportunity for you to meet their committees and learn more about them! During Fresher's Week and throughout the first few weeks of term, most (if not all) clubs/societies allow you to join in for a few sessions / activities for free to see whether its the right fit for you before actually committing to them and obtaining membership. You can join them any time throughout the year.

Most activities either occur over the weekend, in the evenings, or during Wednesday afternoons to avoid any overlaps with lectures.

Mostafa :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest