The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

The Official Aberystwyth Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello!! I've applied for Computer Science and AI (BSc with integrated year in industry) and I've had a conditional offer. :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 21
had replies on entrance exams now!
I got an unconditional offer for geography with and integrated year study abroad!!
Original post by libbytue
i got an unconditional offer for geography with and integrated year study abroad!!
i got an unconditional for geog too 😁😁😁 well done everyone ❤️🫰
Original post by reyhanaa
Me too for Comp. Sci.! Congrats!
Original post by reyhanaa
yess congrats!🤍 well done everyone!!
Hey everyone!

Congratulations on your offers, we look forward to seeing you in Aberystwyth soon. My name is Mostafa and I'm a current student and ambassador at the university - feel free to ask me anything at all about the university, town, student experience or accommodation!
Sorry for the late response!! I had my interview in January! Had an offer pretty quickly afterwards
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey, congratulations! I had my interview for adult nursing but haven't gotten an offer yet. When did you have your interview?
Original post by imgoingtobeavet
Hi! I have a place for vet med 2024, contact me if you have a place too? Random question...is anyone interested in climbing?

I don't have an unconditional because nursing doesn't do them until results day, but I can't see myself not meeting the requirements.

Climbing seems like a really cool sport, I've been looking for climbing walls locally but can't find any, have any suggestions?
Original post by WoahWoah123
I don't have an unconditional because nursing doesn't do them until results day, but I can't see myself not meeting the requirements.
Climbing seems like a really cool sport, I've been looking for climbing walls locally but can't find any, have any suggestions?
Hi! Aber has their own bouldering wall and a Club that climbs outdoors and often goes to my local climbing wall Overhang Carmarthen. I've only got an unconditional as I applied last year and took a gap year :smile: well done for getting your offer though!
Hey, congratulations! I had my interview for adult nursing but haven't gotten an offer yet. When did you have your interview?

Hi,I had interview for adult nursing in February and haven't received any offer yet. When you attended the interview?
Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Hey everyone!
Congratulations on your offers, we look forward to seeing you in Aberystwyth soon. My name is Mostafa and I'm a current student and ambassador at the university - feel free to ask me anything at all about the university, town, student experience or accommodation!

hello, i have a question about the university, can i send you a DM?
Original post by _Orangutan_
hello, i have a question about the university, can i send you a DM?

Hi there!

Absolutely, you may send us a DM.

Mostafa
Original post by WoahWoah123
I got an offer for mental health nursing, feel free to contact me if you're also planning on doing nursing! :smile:

Hey I have also had an offer to study nursing (adult) be great to chat to others doing the same/similar 😊

Hey, any news yet on your offer? I've been offered a place on the adult nursing 2024. Hoping to make some acquaintances before starting I'm a mature student and and very anxious about being older (35) haha
Original post by Rhianb89
Hey, any news yet on your offer? I've been offered a place on the adult nursing 2024. Hoping to make some acquaintances before starting I'm a mature student and and very anxious about being older (35) haha

Like I mentioned before I'm going for mental health nursing, but we will probably be in a lot of the same classes for first year at least!

Don't worry about being a mature student! I'm sure you've heard this already but it's very common within healthcare, I'm certain you won't be the only one. I'm 20 (turning 21 in September) and I'm definetely on the younger side in my current course!
Original post by Rhianb89

Congratulations on your offer! My name is Mostafa and I'm a current student and ambassador for the university.

During welcome week, the Students' Union hosts a Mature Students' Meet & Greet which would be a great opportunity for you to meet other incoming mature students. The Students' Union also has a number of Volunteer Officers who are elected by fellow students across the University to feedback the views of students both regionally and nationally. One of these volunteer officer roles is the Mature Students’ Volunteer Officer who is a representative within the Students’ Union and provides mature students with a point of contact, support, information and social events.
What accommodation is everyone applying for? I want pentre Jane Morgan
Original post by rubyleah2006

Hey queen I'm applying for fferm (I know we talked about this earlier but I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone else is thinking of it)
Reply 39
Original post by rubyleah2006

pentre jane morgan too! does anyone have any ideas about how applying works? some of my friends have been able to select a floor and see bios of other people around them

Quick Reply

Latest