The Student Room Group

Ghosted by uni

I applied to a uni through clearing in August, online application. They emailed me back within an hour asking for forms to be filled in & gcse and a level certificates which I sent right away, then I heard nothing. Email left them a couple days later, didn’t want to pressure them too much but I know that they can give decisions pretty much instantly. They replied within a hour saying they were waiting hear back from the course leader and would contact me when they did.

That was over 4 weeks ago, I’ve emailed a few times, also tried calling, they don’t respond. I’m so confused? I’m guessing that’s a no but wish they’d just tell me tbh. Is it normal not to hear back? I also find it quite rude

The start date is 18th September so it’s too late now to get student finance in place if needed
Reply 1
Bumping this
Hi @Waterslow,

I'm sorry to hear that your university is not responding to your enquiries.

Normally, even if your offer is rejected, the university admissions team should update you with your application.

Also it is normal during clearing for a course to quickly run out of available spaces, especially if it is a popular one. Nevertheless, they should still inform you.

The best advice I can give, besides of course trying to email or call the clearing team, is either reach out to the course leader, if the school's website shared their work email, as they can let you know if the course is still open, or try submitting another application through clearing. Clearing shoud be available until October so there is still time for you.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Original post by Waterslow
I applied to a uni through clearing in August, online application. They emailed me back within an hour asking for forms to be filled in & gcse and a level certificates which I sent right away, then I heard nothing. Email left them a couple days later, didn’t want to pressure them too much but I know that they can give decisions pretty much instantly. They replied within a hour saying they were waiting hear back from the course leader and would contact me when they did.

That was over 4 weeks ago, I’ve emailed a few times, also tried calling, they don’t respond. I’m so confused? I’m guessing that’s a no but wish they’d just tell me tbh. Is it normal not to hear back? I also find it quite rude

The start date is 18th September so it’s too late now to get student finance in place if needed

Which university was this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending