The Student Room Group

Level 7 apprenticeship and Masters funding

Hi
I'm currently studying a BSc part time funded through SFE predicted completion is 2026. My plan is to continue onto a related MSc, also funded through SFE.
But my workplace (where I work full-time) would like me to do a level 7 apprenticeship, that isn't related to my personal study subjects.
Would I still get SFE funding for my MSc, when technically I would have a level 7 qualification through my apprenticeship?
Timeline wise, they could potentially cross over, as my apprenticeship would start later this year.
Thanks for any help
Original post by Newbie83
Hi
I'm currently studying a BSc part time funded through SFE predicted completion is 2026. My plan is to continue onto a related MSc, also funded through SFE.
But my workplace (where I work full-time) would like me to do a level 7 apprenticeship, that isn't related to my personal study subjects.
Would I still get SFE funding for my MSc, when technically I would have a level 7 qualification through my apprenticeship?
Timeline wise, they could potentially cross over, as my apprenticeship would start later this year.
Thanks for any help

Hi there,

How many years would the new course be? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hi Jason
The apprenticeship is 3-4yrs the MSc is 1-2 years
So I may not have completed the apprenticeship before starting my MSc
Original post by Newbie83
Hi Jason
The apprenticeship is 3-4yrs the MSc is 1-2 years
So I may not have completed the apprenticeship before starting my MSc

Hi there. From our guidance, a level 7 qualification is the same level as a Masters Qualification. This means that if you gain this during your MsC course, you would be made ineligible for Postgraduate Funding as you already hold an Equivalent Level Qualification. Thanks - David
Reply 4
Thanks David
Does it apply the other way round as well? If I gain my MSc before completingthe apprenticeship, would the apprenticeship still be funded?
Hi Newbie83c,

You would need to discuss this with the organisation that is funding your apprenticeship

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending