The Student Room Group

Is Nursing MSc Exempt from second Masters funding

Hello,

I've had a terrible time withdrawing Officially from Masters (MSc) at UoL I left in November 23 due to compelling personal reasons.

The Official withdrawal had only come through this week I am appalled. However I am now applying for a Nursing MSc at Edgehill University which is what I'd wanted to do originally but thought I wouldn't be able to satisfy criteria I know do.

Question is can I apply for funding for the Nursing MSc at Edgehill University despite having had funding for a Strategic Communication MSc I was on for 2 months but had to leave?

Is Nursing MSc exempt please?

Kind Regards and Thank you
Hi Geri,

Can you confirm when your new course starts and how many years would it be for? Have you fully withdrawn from your previous course and can you see that updated on your online account?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Geri,

Can you confirm when your new course starts and how many years would it be for? Have you fully withdrawn from your previous course and can you see that updated on your online account?

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,

Thank you. New course will be starting in January 2025. University are going to email me when applications open on ucas. It's for 2 years.

I haven't checked on SFE yet as email only came yesterday and I only saw it today sorry.

Yes I received finally an email yesterday from University of Liverpool Student and Administration Support saying withdrawal has been accepted and processed and they will inform external agencies such as yourselves at SFE. But as I said not sure what date they're giving you.

They haven't put date on it though but I actually finished/withdrew in November 2023 (around 11th I think).

(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Geri B
Hi Drew,

Thank you. New course will be starting in January 2025. University are going to email me when applications open on ucas. It's for 2 years.

I haven't checked on SFE yet as email only came yesterday and I only saw it today sorry.

Yes I received finally an email yesterday from University of Liverpool Student and Administration Support saying withdrawal has been accepted and processed and they will inform external agencies such as yourselves at SFE. But as I said not sure what date they're giving you.

They haven't put date on it though but I actually finished/withdrew in November 2023 (around 11th I think).

Hi Geri,

You would be eligible for funding as this course is classed as an exception course and we do not take your previous study into consideration. Even though it is a postgraduate course you will apply for undergraduate funding. As it is undergraduate funding you will be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants if applicable to you.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Thanks Drew so sorry for late reply been hectic in work at the Hospital.

I'm still in process of applying for msc which I apply through university website. Can I just check please as I'm applying to Edgehill University, University of Liverpool and John Moores University for the Nursing MSc (don't want to put all my eggs in one basket)

Would I still apply for undergraduate funding if I got a place at any of the 3 universities as they are all Nursing MSc for 2 years.

Thanks in Advance
Original post by Geri B
Thanks Drew so sorry for late reply been hectic in work at the Hospital.
I'm still in process of applying for msc which I apply through university website. Can I just check please as I'm applying to Edgehill University, University of Liverpool and John Moores University for the Nursing MSc (don't want to put all my eggs in one basket)
Would I still apply for undergraduate funding if I got a place at any of the 3 universities as they are all Nursing MSc for 2 years.
Thanks in Advance

Hi Geri,

Yes, that's right - these are postgraduate healthcare courses, so they attract undergraduate funding.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Geri,
Yes, that's right - these are postgraduate healthcare courses, so they attract undergraduate funding.
Thanks, Graeme

Graeme, amazing thank you 😊
Original post by Geri B
Graeme, amazing thank you 😊

You're welcome. If you've got any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending