The Student Room Group

A level physics predicted

Hello, I achieved an A in June exams from my school and got predicted A (3 marks off A* predicted) as a result, then in the sept. assessment I got one mark off an A and no one in the school got an A* as it was a very hard exam, my teacher asked me in June to get an A* in the sept exam, but I failed, I really wanted to apply to cam / imperial as early entry, but is there any point now. Please advise, thanks.

P.S. I really do believe i can achieve an A* in physics as i have done in other exams in the past year.
Original post by duiwhidwhdi
Hello, I achieved an A in June exams from my school and got predicted A (3 marks off A* predicted) as a result, then in the sept. assessment I got one mark off an A and no one in the school got an A* as it was a very hard exam, my teacher asked me in June to get an A* in the sept exam, but I failed, I really wanted to apply to cam / imperial as early entry, but is there any point now. Please advise, thanks.

P.S. I really do believe i can achieve an A* in physics as i have done in other exams in the past year.

What course are you interested in?
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
What course are you interested in?

Engineering
Engineering

Hey! I'm sure that you can get A*s as you had previously nearly got one and you said you have being doing well! But i'd suggest you compare your scores to actual grade boundaries (esp this years since they were really high) to see where you actually stand nation-wide instead of school wise.
If you see that with the level your doing right now and the scores you're achieving right now you're gettings As/A*s then im sure ur set to go to imperial for engineering!
Engineering

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/engineering/study/undergraduate
Which one?
Some require AAA, others require A*AA (civil)
Reply 5
Original post by BankaiGintoki
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/engineering/study/undergraduate
Which one?
Some require AAA, others require A*AA (civil)

General not civil for cam, im not applying for UCL
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by limbobimbo
Hey! I'm sure that you can get A*s as you had previously nearly got one and you said you have being doing well! But i'd suggest you compare your scores to actual grade boundaries (esp this years since they were really high) to see where you actually stand nation-wide instead of school wise.
If you see that with the level your doing right now and the scores you're achieving right now you're gettings As/A*s then im sure ur set to go to imperial for engineering!

So should i still apply, even if i dont get the A* predicted in physics?
So should i still apply, even if i dont get the A* predicted in physics?

YUP! Always apply!
Idk if its true but i heard KCL does this system where if you are predicted/achieved the target requirements they put in one pile and if you are slightly under they look at ur P.S!
It could be the same for other unis too!

But again, always apply because if luck has it and you end up getting accepted you have an offer sitting for you on results day and if not, you can always re-apply on results day either directly or thru clearing!

Quick Reply

Latest