The Student Room Group

Tutoring opportunities- A level/GCSE

Hi,

I’ve just finished my a levels in maths, fm , physics and econ. I’m looking to tutor some people over the summer in maths/ economics at gcse or a levels - both as a source of income and more importantly to hopefully make an impact on others.
I’ve been predicted A stars in these subjects and have achieved 9s in these subjects at GCSE. PM me if you are interested.
Reply 1
Original post by dh33r4j_d
Hi,

I’ve just finished my a levels in maths, fm , physics and econ. I’m looking to tutor some people over the summer in maths/ economics at gcse or a levels - both as a source of income and more importantly to hopefully make an impact on others.
I’ve been predicted A stars in these subjects and have achieved 9s in these subjects at GCSE. PM me if you are interested.

Hiya is ur predicted grade for all of them a star ?? alos another question do u recommend taking physics because most people hate it who I have spoken to and what’s it like taking 4 subjects ?
Reply 2
Hi,

Yea I was predicted a stars in all. In my opinion I only took physics as a 4th a level as when I was choosing my options in year 11 many people said physics would go well with maths and FM and I always wanted to do a science. But i personally struggled very hard with physics and focused much more on maths and economics. I found physics much harder than fm as for maths I easily got better by practicing more questions from textbook/ mat/step questions but physics was much harder as it doesn’t follow a logical structure like maths and the questions they ask can be very confusing. Looking back, I wish I dropped physics as I honestly really hated it in yr 13 and 4 a levels was a lot of work. Bear in mind no university looks for 4 a levels, you can get offers with just 3 perfectly fine ones as 3 a stars is better than two a stars and two As, however u do see many students at top unis choosing to go along with 4.
Reply 3
Original post by dh33r4j_d
Hi,

Yea I was predicted a stars in all. In my opinion I only took physics as a 4th a level as when I was choosing my options in year 11 many people said physics would go well with maths and FM and I always wanted to do a science. But i personally struggled very hard with physics and focused much more on maths and economics. I found physics much harder than fm as for maths I easily got better by practicing more questions from textbook/ mat/step questions but physics was much harder as it doesn’t follow a logical structure like maths and the questions they ask can be very confusing. Looking back, I wish I dropped physics as I honestly really hated it in yr 13 and 4 a levels was a lot of work. Bear in mind no university looks for 4 a levels, you can get offers with just 3 perfectly fine ones as 3 a stars is better than two a stars and two As, however u do see many students at top unis choosing to go along with 4.

Okay thanks. I’ll think abt tutoring but rn idk bc it’s just been summer and want to relax rn . Thanks for the advice abt physics :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest