The Student Room Group

Predicted grades as a retaking private candidate

Hello, I took my A levels this year and was disappointed with my results so I am reapplying as a private candidate and only taking the exam at my old school. However, the grades they could give me were the predicted grades from last year so is it possible for my private maths/physics tutor to vouch for new predicted grades?
Im taking Maths, Physics, Computer Science
Hii I am also retaking my subjects as I wasn't happy with what I got. The exam centre where I will be retaking my exams gives you mock exams in October, so i just did those to get predicted grades. I didn't go for my school as they told me the wouldn't give me predicted grades as I wasn't a student there anymore. But I know people who are retaking with their schools and won't get predicteds, they just put their current AL result and apply. I wanted predicted grades so i found this exam centre and went with that. If you feel you need predicted grades you can also search for any exam centres near you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Hii I am also retaking my subjects as I wasn't happy with what I got. The exam centre where I will be retaking my exams gives you mock exams in October, so i just did those to get predicted grades. I didn't go for my school as they told me the wouldn't give me predicted grades as I wasn't a student there anymore. But I know people who are retaking with their schools and won't get predicteds, they just put their current AL result and apply. I wanted predicted grades so i found this exam centre and went with that. If you feel you need predicted grades you can also search for any exam centres near you :smile:

it's really annoying how many schools don't support students after they finish their 2 years of school.

Aldo do you know if private tutors can vouch for your predicted grades and in your application did you just put in your predicted grades in and not your actual A-Level grades as i dont really want to put my actual one in.
Original post by Jkim1402
it's really annoying how many schools don't support students after they finish their 2 years of school.

Aldo do you know if private tutors can vouch for your predicted grades and in your application did you just put in your predicted grades in and not your actual A-Level grades as i dont really want to put my actual one in.

Very true! I have put my actual ones, despite them being horrific. And the reason why is that when you fill in the education section on your UCAS it will ask if you have any achieved grades from your institution. If you say you will get achieved grades after 3 years, then it is possible that unis will ask what happened after 2? What caused you not to sit exams after 2 years? It basically doesn't put you in a good light to not include your achieved grades. The people who are resitting privately at my school, are all putting in achieved and not getting any predicteds.
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Very true! I have put my actual ones, despite them being horrific. And the reason why is that when you fill in the education section on your UCAS it will ask if you have any achieved grades from your institution. If you say you will get achieved grades after 3 years, then it is possible that unis will ask what happened after 2? What caused you not to sit exams after 2 years? It basically doesn't put you in a good light to not include your achieved grades. The people who are resitting privately at my school, are all putting in achieved and not getting any predicteds.

Secondly I don't think a private tutor can give you predicteds, the institution where you will be sitting your A Level exams is the only place where you can get predicteds from.

Quick Reply

Latest