The Student Room Group

About student finance after graduation

Hi
( not sure how to word this)
So I'm going to start my Biomedicine degree and after I graduate I plan to start a medicine degree.

Can I apply to student finance for tuition fees again, after I graduate?

(Also,can I open a student bank account again after graduation(a different bank) ?
Can I keep the same one or not?)

Uhm I'm living at home with my mum so I haven't taken a maintenance loan.

Also, I most likely might take a gap year after my Biomedicine degree to get a job so that me and my mum can get a mortgage.

(Can I still apply to student finance again in this case for my medicine degree? Even though I took a gap year, THEN applied to a medicine degree)

Thank you for your patience and time whoever is reading this.

Also, let's say I open a bank account with Natwest for my 3 years Biomedicine degree.
Take a gap year and apply to medicine,
Do I have to make a NEW student account with Natwest (in order to keep the benefits e.g taste card/trail card) or am I unable to? Can I still use the same account,when I apply again will I be able to use the benefits?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by B-star
Hi
( not sure how to word this)
So I'm going to start my Biomedicine degree and after I graduate I plan to start a medicine degree.

Can I apply to student finance for tuition fees again, after I graduate?

(Also,can I open a student bank account again after graduation(a different bank) ?
Can I keep the same one or not?)

Uhm I'm living at home with my mum so I haven't taken a maintenance loan.

Also, I most likely might take a gap year after my Biomedicine degree to get a job so that me and my mum can get a mortgage.

(Can I still apply to student finance again in this case for my medicine degree? Even though I took a gap year, THEN applied to a medicine degree)

Thank you for your patience and time whoever is reading this.

Also, let's say I open a bank account with Natwest for my 3 years Biomedicine degree.
Take a gap year and apply to medicine,
Do I have to make a NEW student account with Natwest (in order to keep the benefits e.g taste card/trail card) or am I unable to? Can I still use the same account,when I apply again will I be able to use the benefits?

Hi there,

We can pay a Maintenance Loan into most any bank account so long as it's in your name. It doesn't need to be a student account, so it's up to you which account you want to go for.

As for your course, do you plan to study Graduate Entry Medicine after finishing your first course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
We can pay a Maintenance Loan into most any bank account so long as it's in your name. It doesn't need to be a student account, so it's up to you which account you want to go for.
As for your course, do you plan to study Graduate Entry Medicine after finishing your first course?
Thanks, Graeme

Oh I just searched it up and I didn't realize I could do a 4years course (after my degree) rather than a full 5-6 years course.
In that case, yes. I was wondering can I get a tuition loan again from student finance for my second degree?

Oh I just searched it up and I didn't realize I could do a 4years course (after my degree) rather than a full 5-6 years course.

In that case, yes. I was wondering can I get a tuition loan again from student finance for my second degree?
Original post by B-star

Hi there,

Do you know the university and course you'd be studying after the current course? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending