The Student Room Group

Will I be entitled to student finance for a foundation year if I've already graduated

Title doesn't allow me to explain the whole situation. I'm thinking about doing a foundation course at a different university once I graduate but am worried about finances. I've received the full maintenance loan for my current uni, does this mean if I applied for foundation somewhere else that I wouldn't be entitled to funding? I don't plan to drop out of my current course, I was thinking of doing the foundation after I graduate. I know student finance doesn't fund a second degree but I don't know if that's different for foundations? If anyone knows how it works I'd greatly appreciate an explanation because it will impact which uni I pick because my family aren't financially stable and student finance has been my life saver so far
Original post by Andacity
Title doesn't allow me to explain the whole situation. I'm thinking about doing a foundation course at a different university once I graduate but am worried about finances. I've received the full maintenance loan for my current uni, does this mean if I applied for foundation somewhere else that I wouldn't be entitled to funding? I don't plan to drop out of my current course, I was thinking of doing the foundation after I graduate. I know student finance doesn't fund a second degree but I don't know if that's different for foundations? If anyone knows how it works I'd greatly appreciate an explanation because it will impact which uni I pick because my family aren't financially stable and student finance has been my life saver so far

You can't receive undergraduate funding again unless it is an exception course that you wish to study. More info here:

https://www.heinfo.slc.co.uk/resources/guidance/courses-management-service-user-guide/eligibility/equivalent-or-lower-qualification-elq-exceptions/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending