The Student Room Group

What are the best strategies for managing the workload and balancing responsibilities

Hai,
I'm currently at a crossroads in my career and considering either enrolling in a full-time PGCE program or pursuing a part-time Masters degree while continuing to work. I understand that both options come with their own unique challenges and demands on time. I'm particularly interested in hearing from individuals who have successfully navigated these paths and can offer advice on effective time management, ensuring a healthy work-life-study balance, and tips for staying motivated throughout the process.
Any personal experiences or strategies for success would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you..
Reply 1
Original post by masha_diana
Hai,
I'm currently at a crossroads in my career and considering either enrolling in a full-time PGCE program or pursuing a part-time Masters degree while continuing to work. I understand that both options come with their own unique challenges and demands on time. I'm particularly interested in hearing from individuals who have successfully navigated these paths and can offer advice on effective time management, ensuring a healthy work-life-study balance, and tips for staying motivated throughout the process.
Any personal experiences or strategies for success would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you..
Teaching is one of those professions where if you let it, it can take over your life. During my PGCE and first year I was into school at 7am at the latest, left at 4pm and then worded from 7.30 to 9pm pretty much every night with one day off at the weekend. And then I decided I wasn't prepared to do that any more and now I don't.

I rarely work in the evenings or weekends. It is about prioritising. Fill in the boxes. Check the checkboxes and do only what is required to meet the needs of your students. Don't mark anything that doesn't benefit their learning. If you are going to spend 2 hours marking only for the class to look at the grade and forget it, you have wasted your time. And it works very nicely. I rock up to work at 8am. Leave at 4pm and everything gets done in that time pretty much most of the time. Looking to do a masters next year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending