The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by he110!0000
Same GUYS THEY SAID THE AVERAGE MINIMUM UCAT THEY COULD CONSIDER WAS 2650 it said that when I got rejected that’s crazy honestly it’s so high even tho it isn’t a standard 5 year course

I got wayyyy lower but had an invite so I think it also got to do with how contextual you are and luck.
Same GUYS THEY SAID THE AVERAGE MINIMUM UCAT THEY COULD CONSIDER WAS 2650 it said that when I got rejected that’s crazy honestly it’s so high even tho it isn’t a standard 5 year course

I got 2600 but I’m contextual so maybe that have a part to play
Just got rejected. 2470 b2
Original post by Shrobbery
rejected ☹️ 3 years. I honestly dont know what they want

do you have any other options remaning
What the hell is the point of a widening participation course if its just gonna accept people with high ucats
got rejected to, has anyone actually get an offer?
are these rejections that ppl are getting now pre or post interview?
Got a rejection with no interview lol after waiting all his time haha
Reply 588

I had an interview with a UCAT below 2600 at the start of March.

I think KCL also look at GCSEs and contextual factors alongside UCAT when sending out interview invites
Reply 589
Original post by nishlife
are these rejections that ppl are getting now pre or post interview?

Only Pre-interview rejections so far. No Post-interview offers or rejections seems to have come out.
Original post by user120384
Like if somebody got A* and can get in normal course that would be off putting cuz they can get into the a100. like someone abb,aab will be understandable as it is access to medicine

this was discussed in last years emdp 2023 thread and was basically just blatant misinformation
kcl admissions was emailed. they do not give emphasis on your a level grades after you meet entry requirements. you won't be rejected because you're overqualified. i got 3a*a achieved and got an offer last year
Original post by slily123456789
honestly just can't wait anymore if they dont want to give me an interview why not just reject me instead of just waiting for auto rejection

Don't withdraw please, in 2022 emdp entry people ended up getting offers past the UCAS deadline. No guarantee this year but youre only helping to reduce chances by withdrawing

Proof please, this would be really surprising I only got 2600 and an offer and i knew that people were getting interviews in the 2400-2500 range (last year). there must've been a significant rise in applicants to places this year or something if that's the case, and some people here have gotten interview under 2650
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Lxxx1
Only Pre-interview rejections so far. No Post-interview offers or rejections seems to have come out.

typical bad kcl admin. hang in there! they were quite good for 2023 but absolutely awful for 2022 and were sending offers past the ucas deadline
Original post by Upbeat8392
Proof please, this would be really surprising I only got 2600 and an offer and i knew that people were getting interviews in the 2400-2500 range (last year). there must've been a significant rise in applicants to places this year or something if that's the case, and some people here have gotten interview under 2650

Yep, unfortunately that's exactly what they said. The average minimum is 2650. The words "average minimum" themselves are pretty contradictory - King's admin so not expecting much. Will add the pic for proof later on comp as my phone won't let me add it rn.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by cammieeeee
Yep, unfortunately that's exactly what they said. The average minimum is 2650. The words "average minimum" themselves are pretty contradictory - King's admin so not expecting much. Will add the pic for proof later on comp as my phone won't let me add it rn.

Ok thanks, will wait for the picture
Ok thanks, will wait for the picture

Screenshot_20240329_225543_com.whatsapp_edit_33108595564738.jpg
Original post by cammieeeee
Screenshot_20240329_225543_com.whatsapp_edit_33108595564738.jpg

Wow, really surprising

Also just reread and yeah it says 'average minimum' so to reiterate ppl could have been gotten interview with lower but 2650 is quite high nonetheless for an average
Wow, really surprising
Also just reread and yeah it says 'average minimum' so to reiterate ppl could have been gotten interview with lower but 2650 is quite high nonetheless for an average

that could be because most people that qualified for the contextuals also got high ucat scores so........ it happens
does anyone know if applying to a course on ucas extra will withdraw the application I have made already and not had an offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending