The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jobajojoba
Oh yeah I did too.

Bit late now, but wasn't it a bit risky applying for a competitive course (Econ) at only hyper competitive unis? One or two slightly safer options might have been worth considering, as it's not uncommon for those unis to reject 4xA* students. I guess this is a bit of advice to those who have not submitted their applications yet.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous
Bit late now, but wasn't it a bit risky applying for a competitive course (Econ) at only hyper competitive unis? One or two slightly safer options might have been worth considering, as it's not uncommon for those unis to reject 4xA* students. I guess this is a bit of advice to those who have not submitted their applications yet.

I should've specified my bad. I DID apply to Cambridge but substituted it😭 - for Bath, so my choices are now LSE, UCL, ICL, Warwick and Bath. Both Warwick and Bath are known t prefer grades so perfect GCSE's and perfect predicteds should (key word should) put me in a high chance of an offer.
LSE, UCL, ICL obviously even with 4A* is an incredibly low chance, hence the reason why I substituted Camb for Bath, my chances would've been super low even with such grades.

Completely agree that one or two safeties are definetely necessary, even with 4A* - but there's some people (maybe including me) who would reapply if they don't get into their top 3 choices, and wouldn't actually want to go to one of their safeties in the end.
I should've specified my bad. I DID apply to Cambridge but substituted it😭 - for Bath, so my choices are now LSE, UCL, ICL, Warwick and Bath. Both Warwick and Bath are known t prefer grades so perfect GCSE's and perfect predicteds should (key word should) put me in a high chance of an offer.
LSE, UCL, ICL obviously even with 4A* is an incredibly low chance, hence the reason why I substituted Camb for Bath, my chances would've been super low even with such grades.

Completely agree that one or two safeties are definetely necessary, even with 4A* - but there's some people (maybe including me) who would reapply if they don't get into their top 3 choices, and wouldn't actually want to go to one of their safeties in the end.

Okay that makes sense. In that case your choices seem very sensible.
Does anyone know when offers for English come out, or have starting coming out?
Reply 44
1) IB: HL english, econ, politics, SL maths AI, Latin, ESS
2) PPE
3)39 points overall with 666 at hl, 3 7s, 1 5 and the rest were 6s at GCSE
4) Love the course structure and the bridging of the 3 subjects
5) no tests!
6) Attended in october, I have also visited Manchester, KCL and Leeds.
7) excited to meet new people! also looking forward to studying a subject which genuinely interests me
8) Edinburgh, KCL, Manchester, Leeds
Oh yeah I did too.

Crazyy
U got any offers yet?
Original post by harvey_specterx
Crazyy
U got any offers yet?

Nah. Fortunately I haven't seen anyone get offers from any of these unis for Econ, and they most likely won't respond till between Feb and April (especially LSE and UCL)
anyone had an offer for morse? i applied on 27th september and just wondering if many people had heard - ive seen one person with an offer so far

im predicted A*A*A* in maths FM and german, got 999999999999 at gcse :smile:
Reply 48

Are you an international student or home?
Original post by aak04
Are you an international student or home?

Home.
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Warwick 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Warwick for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Warwick.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Warwick do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Warwick specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

The Student Room has a built in tracker that you can fill in and use:
Click here to fill in the spreadsheet/form
Click here to see updates for subjects that people have applied to at the University of Warwick
University Connect on the Student Room

1) Maths, Further Maths and Physics
2) Mathematics and Physics
3) A*A*A*
4) good physics course, good vibes from open day
5) None I think
6) I might attend another if i recieve an offer
7) excited
8) oxford, manchester, icl and sheffield
applied for cs Warwick
predicted A*A*AA (math physics f math chem) (11x grade 9 GCSE)
also bath imperial birminghamPWC durham
Reply 52
I got an offer from Warwick for Maths a weak ago.
applied for French w econ - du know when ill here
Original post by 陈墨瞳

Where else did u apply?
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Warwick 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Warwick for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Warwick.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Warwick do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Warwick specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

The Student Room has a built in tracker that you can fill in and use:
Click here to fill in the spreadsheet/form
Click here to see updates for subjects that people have applied to at the University of Warwick
University Connect on the Student Room

1) A Levels in English Literature, History, Latin, Maths
2) Applying for Law - love the optional modules and the taster session I did at the open day
3) 99999999999 at GCSE and predicted A*A*A*A* at A Level
4) I really liked the campus and I know lots of people that have been very happy at Warwick
5) None for Warwick but I have taken the LNAT
6) Went to the June one
7) Really excited as Law will be a new academic challenge for me!
8) Looking at Cambridge and York as well

Has anyone else replied for law / knows anyone that has received an offer for law?
Has anyone got any econ offers yet? I'm reallly nervous!
Reply 57
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone got any econ offers yet? I'm reallly nervous!

Nothing till yet. Last time they sent offers within days.
Original post by aak04
Nothing till yet. Last time they sent offers within days.

Exactly!! Everyone I know who applied to warwick econ found out so quickly
Reply 59
Original post by 陈墨瞳

Can I ask when did you apply? Are u home student or Intl?

Quick Reply

Latest