The Student Room Group

Is physics A level worth it?

I am looking to apply for maths or economics in university and am picking my a levels. I am going to pick maths and further maths with economics as a third. As my third I am considering physics as I do enjoy it and it links well with the others or an easier subject like politics. (I am predicted to get around all 9s at gcse for context). Should I take physics or go for the easier subjects?
Reply 1
idk if this is helpful but i’m looking into doing economics too and im choosing maths further maths economics and physics
Reply 2
from what i’ve heard it’s good and it links with a level maths mechanics too but there’s a lot of content and if you’re not enjoying it now you won’t enjoy it then
Reply 3
Hey! From someone who does maths, further maths, physics and compsci at A-Level, it is so worth it, but only if you really like the subject, because it is really content heavy.
Reply 4
Original post by Kv2055
Hey! From someone who does maths, further maths, physics and compsci at A-Level, it is so worth it, but only if you really like the subject, because it is really content heavy.

whats the content like?

i'm choosing maths, further mahts, physics and economics but i'm scared that the content would be too much
Reply 5
Original post by Kv2055

Yoo I picked those A-Levels to do next year can you tell me your experiences with each of them, the workload etc
Reply 6
Original post by httpluuv

whats the content like?

i'm choosing maths, further mahts, physics and economics but i'm scared that the content would be too much

It is very content heavy but if you work hard then you’ll be able to keep up…just be aware it will be difficult but not impossible.
Reply 7
Original post by Alp28
I am looking to apply for maths or economics in university and am picking my a levels. I am going to pick maths and further maths with economics as a third. As my third I am considering physics as I do enjoy it and it links well with the others or an easier subject like politics. (I am predicted to get around all 9s at gcse for context). Should I take physics or go for the easier subjects?

If you’re unsure exactly what you’re going to apply for i would stick with that combination (math, fm, physics and Econ). For maths degrees, that would be really beneficial compared to an essay subject like politics, and it’s my impression that its also very good for Econ at unis like LSE or Cambridge who have a very mathematical take on the degree. Otherwise, if you know you want to do only economics and feel that you might not get an A/A* in physics, it might actually be more of an advantage to have that grade rather than what the subject actually is.
Original post by Alp28

I thought you were doing economics as your third?

Quick Reply

Latest