The Student Room Group

I think I lost my chances with a girl

I was speaking to this girl and she was with her friend, and I said something which was really cringe at the end, in my own head. But she burst out laughing with her friend as I left.

As I was walking I thought about what I said and the regrets started coming in really hard. Then It was on my mind for the rest of the day cause I messed up my chances.

I wont specify what I said, but it felt really cringe in my head and my friend (who was with me) said I shouldn't have said it either. Have I really messed up my chances or not?
Well it depends on what you actually said. However, one thing I would say is that everyone says stupid and cringeworthy things, and we always dwell on them in our own heads. But actually, we very rarely remember the cringeworthy things that other people have said. By all means try it for yourself now. Have you ever dwelled on a similar comment that someone else has said in the same way you are doing with your own comment now? Can you even remember an equivalent comment that someone else has said? Even if you can you'll hopefully get the point that we focus far more on our own comments than the comments of others, and that means that, chances are, this girl has already forgotten what you said. Even if she hasn't, it again isn't likely at all that a single comment will have turned her off if she was otherwise potentially interested in you. It's possible, but not likely. Again, our impression of someone and what we think of them is influenced by much more than an individual comment. So if it were me I'd be trying to push that one comment out of my mind and just talk to her again. That's really the only way that you'll know whether she is actually interested in you or not.
Reply 2
Cheers for the advice Jamie
Reply 3
Does it really matter what you said? 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending