The Student Room Group

Should I want for him to reach out to me? Does he even like me?

I (an ambivert) have been talking to an introvert guy who has been single for a long time for about 3 weeks (I've knwon him for about 2 years now but we haven't had many interactions). We met through our mutual friend and we met once and kind of it off. He is also the cousin of another friend of mine's husband. Things went great during those 3 weeks. He has been initiating conversations with me everyday. He and I clicked as we both like intellecualism and have so many similar interests (We like the same kind of music, have similar views on life). He opened up to me about his family, his likes and dislikes and the kind of life he likes to live. I got to know that he has lost his mother when he was a little boy. He likes calm and quite in life. He loves to read and he doesn't have that many females friends in his life. I got the feeling that he likes me through our texts and naturally I got attracted and attached to him. Once he even described his ideal girl who resmbles me. However, suddenly his texts started slowing down (It's been a whole week now) . The guy who used to text me early morning, while getting off work, on his way home started texting me less and less. It was a sudden change in his behaviour but knowing he's an introvert I gave him is space. I did text him from time to time and tried to ask how his day is and tried sending him songs to lisen to (Which we used to do ALOT) he replies to them but I can sense that his enthusiasm is not there anymore. I am feeling hurt and upset as I don't know what I did to make him distance himself from me. I know that he was inteested in me. Suddenly 3 day ago my friend called me and asked me whether I like this guy, I said I do but I also told them about his sudden change in his behaviour towards me and that I was confused. Then they said that it seems like he likes me but he's taking time to study me. He has told them that he doesn't have a girlfriend and that it looks like he likes me. (I think they probabaly teased him about me and they may have assumed that through his response) My question is, how is he gonna study me if he doesn't talk to me? Is it normal for an introvert to go on weeks (in my case one week as of today) without talking to a girl they like? Am I being delusional to think he likes me? Do I have a chance with him? I really like him alot and I wanna be there for him, you know care for him and build a life with him. I don't mind giving him space but my anxiety is getting the best of me and it's making me feel sad and miserable all the time.
Reply 1
Stop living your life through texts; why do people do this?

Pick up the phone and arrange to meet up or go round, knock on his door and go out for coffee. Actually TALK to him, not message. If he's not interested in doing that, move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending