The Student Room Group

Which cambridge colleges weight the NSAA most/least highly?

I've heard that some Cambridge colleges place more weight on the NSAA than others, but I can't find a list anywhere of which ones weight it more highly. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so where I can find out which colleges are which?
This depends entirely on the DoS (Director of Studies) for that college, and they may change between years. They also, as I'm sure you're aware, take into account your entire application, and there may be multiple DoS's a college who each weight it differently. As such it's impossible to know an exact ranking unless you somehow worked in admissions for all Cambridge colleges.

Also, out of curiosity what is your plan if you were to somehow find a list (if it were even possible to compile one)? You sit NSAA after choosing your college so you will have no idea how well you will perform, and I hope you understand that you can't just slack off on revising for the test because your college puts less weight on that. The best strategy would be to do as well as possible on all parts...
Reply 2
Original post by MouldyVinegar
This depends entirely on the DoS (Director of Studies) for that college, and they may change between years. They also, as I'm sure you're aware, take into account your entire application, and there may be multiple DoS's a college who each weight it differently. As such it's impossible to know an exact ranking unless you somehow worked in admissions for all Cambridge colleges.

Also, out of curiosity what is your plan if you were to somehow find a list (if it were even possible to compile one)? You sit NSAA after choosing your college so you will have no idea how well you will perform, and I hope you understand that you can't just slack off on revising for the test because your college puts less weight on that. The best strategy would be to do as well as possible on all parts...

Thank you for your reply! I was mainly just thinking that by the UCAS deadline I would know what kind of score i would be likely to get based on past papers and this could influence my college decision! I think I was also a bit worried because I'm stuck around a 4 or 5 scaled score at the moment and obviously I'd like to be above 'average' and was wondering if there was anything else I could do if I couldn't get that grade up! It seems like not based on your reply though, I can see a list would be very difficult to make!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending