The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Official Edge Hill University Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caitlinbjdnnsjs
Hi, i’ve just received an offer to study primary education with qts following my interview the other day!! i was just wondering if anybody knew of any interesting things to do in Ormskirk as i haven’t visited the town centre yet :smile:

Hey @caitlinbjdnnsjs,

Congratulations on your offer!

Here some examples of things you can do in Ormskirk:

There's a market that happens every Thursday and Saturday from 8am till 4:30.

There's a gingerbread festival event which usually happens in the summer where there is music and food.

Lockdown - which is an escape room.

There's the coronation park which is a nice to go for a walk or a picnic in the summer.

The Chapel - this seems to have some events and live music - I've not been but looks fun.

Hopefully that gave you some ideas!

Rebecca
3rd Year Geoenvionmental Hazards Student
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by WillowGW
I chose chancellors Court!!

Same! It looks so nice! I’m gonna be in Tomkins, what about you?
Reply 22
Original post by caitlinbjdnnsjs
Hi, i’ve just received an offer to study primary education with qts following my interview the other day!! i was just wondering if anybody knew of any interesting things to do in Ormskirk as i haven’t visited the town centre yet :smile:

Heyyy! Well done for getting an offer! Is edge hill your first choice? I quite like the uni, but if I'm honest ormskirk isn't very nice at all. But the uni seems good so idk???
Reply 23
hii sent in my application for religion at edge hill last week, hoping they give me an offer as it's my first choice! I wonder what their acceptance/admissions rates are 🤔 also planning on staying in graduates court
Reply 24
Original post by Robyn_13
hii sent in my application for religion at edge hill last week, hoping they give me an offer as it's my first choice! I wonder what their acceptance/admissions rates are 🤔 also planning on staying in graduates court

Got an offer only after 6 days after submitting my application! This is my first choice uni so not sure to withdraw from my other choices so I can apply for my preferred accommodation
Original post by WillowGW
Anyone booked any accommodation yet?

i have 🙂 i know it’s a bit late but i alluded for milners at chancellors south.
Original post by Robyn_13
Got an offer only after 6 days after submitting my application! This is my first choice uni so not sure to withdraw from my other choices so I can apply for my preferred accommodation

just put it as your firm option then you can apply for accommodation but make sure you have a backup!
Original post by EdgeHillStudents
Hey @caitlinbjdnnsjs,
Congratulations on your offer!
Here some examples of things you can do in Ormskirk:

There's a market that happens every Thursday and Saturday from 8am till 4:30.

There's a gingerbread festival event which usually happens in the summer where there is music and food.

Lockdown - which is an escape room.

There's the coronation park which is a nice to go for a walk or a picnic in the summer.

The Chapel - this seems to have some events and live music - I've not been but looks fun.

Hopefully that gave you some ideas!
Rebecca
3rd Year Geoenvionmental Hazards Student

hello! i have firmed geology with physical geography at edge hill and was wondering what the course is actually like?
Original post by Alex41178
Heyyy! Well done for getting an offer! Is edge hill your first choice? I quite like the uni, but if I'm honest ormskirk isn't very nice at all. But the uni seems good so idk???

Heyy! Yes, i’ve put edge hill as my firm choice and have booked accommodation. I haven’t actually visited ormskirk yet so i can’t fully say, but the uni itself is beautiful and not too far from liverpool so i suppose that’s a plus!? Is it your first choice?
Original post by Ambrosieal
hello! i have firmed geology with physical geography at edge hill and was wondering what the course is actually like?

Hi @Ambrosieal,

To be honest I don't really know much about the course and the extent of your schedule.
I think this link here should give you some good information on what to expect.

In my first year I did two of the modules you would do which are Contemporary Geographical Skills which when I did it, it taught how to use the GIS software, excel and statistics and examples of how this can be used throughout your three years. I also did Dynamic Earth which is basically a module to give you all the background information on geology and is kind of there to make sure everyone is kind of at the same point.

For second year the only module that I also did was the digital geographies this is a module specifically focused on GIS with the aim of equipping you with lots of different skills for various different topics which then can be included within your assignments.

Due to the degree being geology with physical geography you would do the field mapping project which would utilise all the skills learnt during Digital Geographies. Whereas if you did physical geography with geology you would instead do a dissertation. I am aware you do have the option to transfer to the other degree I think within your first year if you don't end up enjoying it and would prefer for your degree to focus more on physical geography rather than geology. However, I would maybe check that when you are here with the course leader if you are thinking of changing to check the time frame available for this.

The way you are assessed for these modules range from 100% coursework to a mix of coursework and exams these exams usually take place in January and May depending on whether the modules are semester one or two or are combined and taken across the whole year. The coursework can consist of essays, project reports, portfolios, academic posters and lots more.

Hopefully that somewhat helped let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try and help.

Rebecca
3rd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Hi can you guys help me choose, I have an offer from ucl for geography and another from Warwick for global sustainable development. I really like both unis, as I know that I will get more connections, opportunities and is higher ranked internationally at ucl, but like the course at Warwick since it is more focused on sustainability (which is what I want to do after I graduate). Which one should I chose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending